Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers New Project

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi Swirlypeeps 🙂

My BFF has asked me (just tonight!) to make the cover pages for her sons newbo albums. I'm pretty excited cause I think that's a pretty big honor! I got the gig cause I just love her kids to bits, and also based on my work on their birth pages. I was her birth partner for both bubs, and I made little books with their birth stories (from first contraction to baby in arms) and put them in little boxes on the page. I'll attach an image of one of them (they both look the same, just different names – and apologies for the photography). I had to make those pages because, quite frankly, she didn't remember the entire event the way it actually happened … lol …

So, I'm starting the research for this right now cause I'm a little bit excited. I'm thinking warm, rich chocolate brown, gold dust, and texture (just a tad obsessed with modelling paste right now). I have no idea where to get gold dust 🙂 . The photos will be black and white so color is a matter of choice.

What I'm here to ask you for is anything ideas you might have for me, to ask what you're excited about right now, and have you seen anything awesome lately? I just discovered Swirlydoos in my travels recently, and I just LOVE your style ideas and work. It's exactly what I aspire to!

I'm not a particularly advanced scrapper, but I'm hella persisent and willing to try anything. I don't care how long a page takes to make if time will make it come out right, and I guess my best skill is fussy cutting. Why, Why, WHY?!? does it have to be called that?!?!?

Thanks for your time!

Em
    (in Melboure, Australia)

I don't know where to get gold dust BUT based on your color description… wait until tomorrow's June kit reveal and you'll have PLENTY of inspiration – I promise (you have good timing 🙂

Welcome to Swirlyville!

Gold leaf is available for crafting. Maybe that would work in place of gold dust? I've not played with it myself, but I do know it's available in either flake or sheet form. Maybe another Swirly sister has used it?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hi Em, welcome to the group. I'm not really sure how Perfect Pearls works but maybe Perfect Pearls in gold would work for what you want to do.

🙂 Hi everyone …

Yep, I was thinking about Perfect Pearls or Dreamweaver Mica but I want to sort of rub the gold into crevices created by the modelling paste, and I don't know how to make it stick. Or if that would even matter. I'll get my mitts on some and have an experiment I guess.

I was scrapping in my head while I was in bed last night and it's starting to come together a bit. I was also thinking of doing one brown/gold version, and one dark blue/silver version. I made the birth pages the same cause I didn't want the kids to prefer one page more than the other, and therefore think that the 'bad' page meant a less special kid. I'm thinking that doesn't matter so much for this.

Vicky it's not nice to torture the poor Aussie with your beautiful kits – I'm just too far away. I had a look at it today … soooo gorgeous 🙂

How do you attach pictures? I put a file path in the little box there and nothing happened. Did I break it?!?

🙂 Hi everyone …

Yep, I was thinking about Perfect Pearls or Dreamweaver Mica but I want to sort of rub the gold into crevices created by the modelling paste, and I don't know how to make it stick. Or if that would even matter. I'll get my mitts on some and have an experiment I guess.

I was scrapping in my head while I was in bed last night and it's starting to come together a bit. I was also thinking of doing one brown/gold version, and one dark blue/silver version. I made the birth pages the same cause I didn't want the kids to prefer one page more than the other, and therefore think that the 'bad' page meant a less special kid. I'm thinking that doesn't matter so much for this.

Vicky it's not nice to torture the poor Aussie with your beautiful kits – I'm just too far away. I had a look at it today … soooo gorgeous 🙂

How do you attach pictures? I put a file path in the little box there and nothing happened. Did I break it?!?

If your file is too big – over 600×600 pixels it will not post.

Have you heard of rub n buff? It comes in different metallic colors and might actually work better for what you're describing.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Try Rub N Buff it comes in and antique gold

Snagg1
          Send PM

Rub N Buff is awesome!!!

what the heck is it rub n buff???

ohhh, ahhh – great… another thing I need/want LOL!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I'm not even going to look! 🙂

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Actually, that's pretty reasonably priced and a very little goes a long way.

Hey guys, where do you buy the rub 'n buff? Michael's in Canada no longer sells it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.