Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff No move

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

So, I didn't get that position I applied for, BUT they called me and apparently really like me. They are going to keep my resume and circulate it if another FT position comes up. They offered me a PT gig, but that is not doable.

SO…we are back to square one but not quite.

I think that I am going to enroll back in school starting next semester and finish my degree. I want to break into a different career field (marketing) and that is the first step, but who knows!

Sorry you didn't get the position, Manda! That is good news, that they will keep your resume in case another FT position comes up! Finishing your degree sounds like a really great idea!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Manda, so sorry!!!!! I know how much you were hoping…
      Such a good idea about getting that degree; marketing would be a perfect field for you and your enormous talent!!!! Best of luck and {{{HUGS}}} for the disappointment!!!!
      (How is Kel taking the news?)

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Sorry about the position. Good idea about finishing your degree!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

So sorry Manda!! I think finishing up your degree is an awesome idea…go for it girl!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

So sorry Manda!! I think finishing up your degree is an awesome idea…go for it girl!!

Exactly. There will be other opportunities, and even more with a degree! Are you looking to get out of Oklahoma?

OMG YES. I hate it here more and more every year.

So Sorry Manda.

Snagg1
              Send PM

What Peggy said! Manda you do have enormous talent and an outgoing personality. You set the wheels in motion by interviewing. You know what they say, put the idea out there and the universe will provide.

Finishing your degree is a good idea. I'm sorry that you didn't get the position. 🙁

Sorry Manda that things didn't work out.. But maybe there is something better around the coer.. 🙂

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Im sorry Manda. I truly know that feeling. But always remember the best one for you is still out there somewhere. I hate the job searching. Jobs in my state are on contracts now with 6months giving to you as the length. So I am constantly applying for jobs to find something more stable. I just completed 7 applications today and its exhausting. But I know something for you will come along. Good luck.

Manda, sorry you didn't get the position…hugs…
                BUT!!! I believe things happen for a reason…What if you got the position…then you wouldn't go back to school and finish your degree in Marketing, and then after you got that marketing degree and landed a job as Adams personal agent (marketing his goods) you became inteationally famous because after all, Marketing' is not just a job title, but a crucial business function. A marketing degree helps you develop the tools you need to create an environment where your ultimate delivery goals are supported through market research, design and maintenance in every aspect of the organization to satisfy your target audience's needs. They want Adams goods!!!!!

oh holy hell, seriously, another door will open …You have talent, and yes education will take you further, Believe in yourself!! We believe in you!!
                So don't be sad they didn't pick you on this round…Adam wasn't first choice either….Remember that, cause look where he landed with persistence!!!!

Big Hugs girly!!!! Big Hugs!!

What Lisa said – things happen for a reason and just cuz you don't see the reason right now, doesn't mean there is no reason.
                You are changing courses, see where it takes you. You are a passionate person and your CAREER not job, should reflect that.

Best of luck!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Getting your degree is a great idea and sure to open more doors for you for the perfect job!! Sorry this one didn't work out.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Sorry to hear you did not get the job.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.