Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photography Noise Reduction

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Does anyone use a noise reduction program. I have a photo that I love, but it has a lot of noise and I want to remove some of it.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Do you have PS? You can do some noise reduction in that? If not, upload the pic and I'm sure one of us will grab it and see what we can do with it! 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks Lisa. I do have CS4 and I'm terrible with using it. Any tips on how to do this?

I just went to Lynda.com. They have some tuts on noise reduction. It was pretty much greek to me….I'm still leaing. You might want to check out those tuts. They are really helpful.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Kim, I know nothing about CS4. Maybe some of these other ladies can walk you through it. I have PSE8.

I have PSE as well but you may find it in the same place. After you open your photo check your filters. There is one labeled noise. Then all you have to do is follow the drop down menu. Hope that helps. You can also google reduce noise in CS (whatever version you have)

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Thanks ladies will check that out.

I have a couple of noise reduction programs. One is Topaz and the other is Portraiture. Send me your pic in full resolution Kim and I will run it through both programs. [email protected]

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Thanks Lisa. Can I send it later today? I'm at work and it's at home on my laptop. Which one would you recommend? I wouldn't mind purchasing one for myself.

Ummm…noise reduction? To me that means tu the stereo down!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

LOL!!

LOL!!! I didn't even know that pics made a sound??? No wonder my scrappy room is so noisy sometimes!

I have Topaz DeNoise as well. When I get home from work tonight, I will show you a before and after. Works like a charm!

Ummm…noise reduction? To me that means tu the stereo down!

Ditto!!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I have a couple of noise reduction programs. One is Topaz and the other is Portraiture. Send me your pic in full resolution Kim and I will run it through both programs. [email protected]

I finally sent the picture. Thanks Lisa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.