Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Prayer Requests Not so good news…

This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Just walking through the door from a very very long shift at work…5am to 1am is just to long….Couldn't let my peeps down though…My relief just couldn't make it to work. Her subdivision is under water, cars submerged….Devastation everywhere. My husband told me our 1st home is in ruins. The neighborhood is closed off, my daughter heard from a friend in the neighborhood that our home is under 1 foot of water, and other parts of the subdivision evacuated because of homes under 5 feet of water…We hope my brother in law is OK..No means of communication right now. He rents the home from us. This is not what you want to hear after working a 17 hour shift…My husband called me at work around 6pm and told me I needed to stay at the hospital because there was no way home. My car and I would be under water somewhere along the line. There were cars submerged along the way. It scared the shit out of me. i was prepared to sleep in my office if need be. I just wanted to come home…It took me an hour to get home. I was the only idiot on the road. Our home is safe, but the neighbors yard is under water…Nice lake. 3 trees have fallen, one almost hit my husbands trailer. The storm isn't over yet, We are being pummeled by Tropical Storm Debby. Tampa Bay is under water. No power for some. No homes for others…Pray that the rain leaves us and heads to Texas where they really need it…I will know more tomorrow when the first light comes out. I dont want to even know…

Oh my, Lisa! I hope that the storm lets up soon and that the damage is not too severe! So glad you are home safe!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hope daylight isn't as bad as you suspect. Sometimes those tropical storms are worse than a hurricane. Hope your home is still okay!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh Gosh Lisa … praying for you and your community. I was caught in a flashflood in downtown Calgary a few years ago and was totally terrified by the ferocious power of Mother Nature. Roads that would have taken me home, tued into rivers within minutes, with water rescue boats travelling up and down them. I couldn't believe my eyes. The damage that can be done in a few hours is beyond belief. I pray that your home will remain above water and that you soon hear from your brother-in-law. Stay safe!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Lisa, I saw this on FB, of course my best wishes are going out to you and to all who are affected by this storm!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

oh my goodness!! Got you in my prayers, Lisa!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Bother in law was rescued, but the house is flooded….Going in a couple of hours to assess the damage. Doesn't look good. Lot's of work ahead of us. I am working on 4 hours of sleep right now. I am physically and emotionally drained right now. Thanks for the prayers guys.

Sending you lots and lots of prayers Lisa!!!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Prayers and BIG HUGS Lisa!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Prayers and Big HUGS Lisa. Glad your bil is safe.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Oh Lisa, this is so terrible. I've seen some of this on the news here. I'm glad your brother-in-law is safe. Mother nature can be a scary thing. Over here there is flooding in different areas because of all the rain and snow melting and rivers rising over the banks. Keeping you in my prayers!

Lisa, I hope things aren't as bad as you think. We have been lucky so far in our area – but lots of flooding right around me. Unfortunately, it looks like it is all about to start up again – the wind is picking up considerably and as you know, we are under a toado watch until 11:00 p.m., and they are saying on the news that because of how slow Debby is moving, they expect to extend it even further.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I guess the good thing is debbie should take care of Florida's drought

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

It all sounds terrible Lisa. I hope things are improving x

Lisa I am really hopeful this is the last thing for you – been a rough ride lately. My thoughts are with you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.