Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges NOV SCG 'Tis the Season (yes, already)

This topic contains 93 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

The month of September is the beginning of a season of celebration that lasts through the middle of January.
      We observe the many holidays, some celebrated worldwide, some nationwide, some regionally, some religious, some secular and some just as an excuse to have some fun.
      And that brings up my SGC Challenge to all of you: cards!!!!! Greeting cards that you make to send out to friends and family. You’re going to be making them anyway and here’s a chance to let us all see what you can do!!!!

The only rules are these:
      Your cards must contain Swirly Stuff from kits past or present.
      Your cards must be seasonal. What is seasonal? Well, for my first example (I’ll be submitting more as the month progresses), I’m celebrating autumn and the change of the leaves. I could have made a Halloween card or one celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas or the New Year. This card could have had a snowflake theme or for you in the southe hemisphere it could be about the end of winter and the beginning of spring.
      Your cards must be uploaded into the Gallery under SGC Cards.
      You may enter as many cards as you wish; see the next section.

Now for the prizes:
      I’m doing this a bit differently by dividing the month into thirds, ending on the 10th, the 20th, and the 30th.
      As your cards are submitted into the Gallery, they will be assigned a number in the order of submission. On the 11th, the 21st, and on December 1st, I’ll use the Random Integer Generator to select the recipient of a prize for which all submissions during the past 10 days will be eligible. In addition, on December 1st, all entries will be eligible for a grand prize that will also be determined at random.

An example:

[img:width=374&height=336]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320154646_36_FT0_autumn_leaves.jpg[/img]

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Cool card peggy!!!!

Great challenge, Peggy! That is a beautiful card! Fall colors are my favorite!

Your card is so beautiful and inspirational. Love the fall feel. Those Timmy die cut pieces are amazing here

beautiful card Peggy!

Beautiful Peggy!

Awesome card Peggy!!!! I will try and get to this!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

great challenge Peggy! I really suck at making cards. Really I do!!!! lol!

Snagg1
            Send PM

What a great idea Peggy! Love your example!

Robin, you don't suck at anything…puh-leeze! :P

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

great challenge Peggy! I really suck at making cards. Really I do!!!! lol!

I'll bet you don't.
              All of us who were convinced that we suck just kept on trying (and lifting here and there). Paulien has some incredible tutorials, btw.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Peggy….awesome ….. right up my alley….NOW if only I could start to feel better and get my butt in gear….love your autumn card….timmy dies….so cool!!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Ooh, can't wait to play!!! Love making cards. I'll have to see what I can come up with that's seasonal from my Swirly stash. (puts thinking cap on).

For those of you who don't usually make cards, give it a try. It's a nice change of pace from bigger, more time-consuming projects.

Thanks, Peggy!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Uh, I see that some of you are interested: the first round ends on Thursday and I don't see any entries yet???????????

Hoping to get one done today!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I'm working on my Sketch Challenge LO, it's about 2/3 done. Hopefully I'll get to the card tomorrow; ideas are percolating. I'll definitely have something by Thursday. Probably. For sure 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.