Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges November 2017 All That Flutters Challenge – All About Family

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 3 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

It’s November and we’re approaching the season of family celebrations. In that spirit, let’s celebrate our own families Swirly-style!

Here’s how this Challenge works: Create a project (scrapbook layout, canvas, card, tag, OTP project, it’s up to you) that includes something that “flutters” – butterflies, dragonflies, bees, ladybugs, birds, fairies – we all have these among our embellies, dies and punches, right? And take a look at your pattern paper – do you have a sheet or two that includes a flutterby image? You can use any of your scrappy supplies (one exception: nothing from other kit clubs, please), but you get extra points in the random drawing for using Swirly Stuff.

And now for something different: You don’t need to use your Swirlydoos Kit to play along. However, the inclusion of Swirly Stuff from past kits or from the Boutique (must be at least 50%) will give you a an extra point; ingredients from the September “Autumn Bloom” kit will give you one more. Each month, I’ll be adding a couple of twists – one for the theme and one for the technique. So every entry can count for up to five points when it’s time to pick the random winner.

The Theme: Family – Dig into your photos and assemble a layout, create a family-themed tag or card, maybe come up with some decor for your family get-together – so many possibilities!

The Technique: Fussy or cutting! So easy to create your own embellies – if you got the Autumn Bloom kit, you have several sheets of cutouts. If not, why not dig out some of your stamps and see which ones would work.

You can share your finished entry here on this thread and in the “November ATF” folder in the Swirlydoos Gallery on Facebook. If you don’t have a Facebook account, no worries; uploading your entry here will still count.

Please note in the description or title that it’s for the “October” ATF Challenge.

***You can enter as many layouts and projects as you wish; in order to “earn” those extra points, please point out the qualifiers (name/month of kit, technique, etc.) in your description.***

The Challenge will be open through Thursday, November 30. I’ll be announcing a random winner of a small RAK on December 1.

I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I dug way back into my photo stack for this one! My Great-Grandmother McCormick is second from the left; my Great-Grandfather McCormick is the bewhiskered gentleman in the center. My Grandmother Darby is the lady holding the baby – my Uncle Jack.
        Lots of flutterbies if you look closely: the obvious butterfly from the Autumn Bloom Embellishment Add-On and the several winged critters included in the paper pattern. Not as obvious are the resin feathers from the Autumn Bloom Main Kit and the caged bird from the stamped image.

StephD
        StephD
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Beautiful sample Peggy!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Thanks, Steph!
            I can’t wait to see what you and the rest of the Swirly Girls do this month!

BettyP
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

This is the first time I have entered the AFT so I am hoping I got everything right. I also have problems getting my layouts to attach. If is does not attach, hoping Peggy can do it.

I used the background paper and flowers from the Tranquility kit. The background paper had two butterflies on it. I also added three little butterflies.

I used a picture of my birthday party that was held many many many years ago (I am in the back row – 4th from the left). My mother and father came from large families so there were plenty of birthday parties during a year. I found in my stash a piece of paper that had the song “Happy Birthday To You” printed on it and put it behind the picture.

The only fussing cutting I did was the camera in the bottom left of the layout.

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              StephD
              StephD
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

What a great layout Betty and you were such a cutie!

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

This is the first time I have entered the AFT so I am hoping I got everything right. I also have problems getting my layouts to attach. If is does not attach, hoping Peggy can do it.

I used the background paper and flowers from the Tranquility kit. The background paper had two butterflies on it. I also added three little butterflies.

I used a picture of my birthday party that was held many many many years ago (I am in the back row – 4th from the left). My mother and father came from large families so there were plenty of birthday parties during a year. I found in my stash a piece of paper that had the song “Happy Birthday To You” printed on it and put it behind the picture.

The only fussing cutting I did was the camera in the bottom left of the layout.

A wonderful photo and a gorgeous page! I love the layers (especially the music paper) and the pretty cluster; your fussy cut camera is perfect!

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

(Betty – here’s how I get the photo to show; I use Firefox for my browser, so I don’t know if it will work, but here goes…)
                    Click on your image in FB to get the pop-up or whatever they call it.
                    Right click and select “copy image location”
                    Come over here and select “image” above the comment box.
                    Right click the dialog box and select “copy”.
                    Press enter, then enter again for the second pop up.

Mamadonald
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

My layout for the November ATF challenge.

I used the papers from the “Autumn Bloom” kit. I have three butterflies that I fussy cut and I also fussy cut some flowers. I cut out the door and clock.

The picture (1951) is from one of many family gatherings. I am the baby on the right that my Aunt Helen is holding

Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      StephD
                      StephD
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Fabulous layout Donna and what a great photo to have!

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

My layout for the November ATF challenge.

I used the papers from the “Autumn Bloom” kit. I have three butterflies that I fussy cut and I also fussy cut some flowers. I cut out the door and clock.

The picture (1951) is from one of many family gatherings. I am the baby on the right that my Aunt Helen is holding

What a wonderful photo, Donna! I love the gorgeous layers and layers of details here!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.