Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements NSD Bay-Bee!!!!!

This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

!amazed  It's a-comin'!  Soooooooooo, while the DT and ET brainstorm on what madness we can bring to our savages, we wanted to ask you what things you would like to see happen during our annual NSD Swirl-a-bration. 

Give us ideas on classes, challenges, and games and we will be more than happy to incorporate them with our plans.  Hell, you'll probably come up with something better than we can, in which case I'll just toss our game plan out the flippin' window and use yours!!  :P

Maybe, we can even work a little somethin-somethin out on the side *whispers* you know like if we choose your idea you might be in for a little kick-back of your own *clearing throat and speaking normally*  Jus' sayin' (wink wink) 

LOL

Give it to us girlies!! 

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

How about a very small canvas challenge where we have to use sprays and gesso. I say that because I need practice. Or a challenge where we can alter any item of our choosing but have to use a certain amount of elements. A masking challenge would be fun too. I love word games and guessing games. You could have us surfing the inteet looking for things on Pinterest and blogs or even facebook. I could come up with stuff all day.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

What about a swirly blog scavenger hunt. Find items on dt and et blogs then come back and create a project using the items.

Identify the scrappy product. An altered or partial pic of a scrappy item that we must identify.

Oh, btw when is NSD?

One of my favorite challenges from a long-defunct forum was to draw inspiration from a painting (or paintings) selected by the person issuing the challenge. For example: you choose a Monet painting and those who accept the challenge draw inspiration from the painting for their layout. It could be from the colors, the composition of the painting, the images themselves… whatever it is that inspires you.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Good ideas, ladies.

NSD is May 4th, but I think we should make a weekend out of it. Not everyone can participate on Saturdays.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Good ideas, ladies.

NSD is May 4th, but I think we should make a weekend out of it. Not everyone can participate on Saturdays.

Great idea, cause I will be out of town for NsD.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

What is NSD please?

Snagg1
                  Send PM

National Scrapbooking Day 🙂

I like the idea of a speed-challenge or something along those lines. BUT, I might not even be around for this. The LSS has an all-weekend retreat, not sure if I am going to that yet though.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Good idea about the weekend. I know that at best, I'll probably be peeking in and out.

How about a recipe, featuring stuff that Savages are definitely likely to have? Announced in the moing with just so many hours to finish?

(BTW, some Savages have been up for hours by the time that the rest of us are rolling out of bed. Are we making allowances for the European and Australian member?)

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Recipe??? Do you mean with scrappy items, or foodie things? ;D

I love the canvas challenge idea..I bought a canvas to try Lisa's technique on the video she did for us, but it's still sitting there saying play with me..maybe that would be the push I need lol

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Recipe??? Do you mean with scrappy items, or foodie things? ;D

LOL, hey, if you want to color your project with a few drops of wine, why not????

I did mean scrappy items, Lisa, sorry.

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Okay, duh to me!! This is the day Prima will be broadcasting live allday on Ustream also.

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Last years weekend was fabulous. I really loved the different projects you all came up with. How about something altered ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.