Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges October All That Flutters 'Rose Garden' challenge

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    GinnyH
    GinnyH
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hi Ladies!

Using the October kit ‘Rose Garden’ and Kit Add-ons create a scrapbook layout, OTP project, tag or card including anything that ‘flutters’ somewhere within that project i.e butterflies, dragonflies, bees, ladybugs, birds, fairies…. we all have these embellishments…right?

You can share your project here and please put your entry in the Swirlydoos Facebook page gallery All That Flutters October ‘Rose Garden’ Album. If you don’t have a Facebook account uploading your entry here will still count!

Please note in the description or title it’s for the October ATF challenge.

You can enter as many pages/projects as you wish. I cant wait to see what you come up with!

Closing Date 30th November 2016

Here is an example from me! I will have another later in the month to keep you inspired!

ginny 🙂

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Beautiful example, Ginny!!!
        And I do so love this challenge; thanks for taking over <3

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Bec
        Bec
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Here is my layout

This is made this the burlap paper in the kit, and I loved the silhouette butterflies.

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Here is mine

Kim
            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

StephD
            StephD
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Wow, beautiful samples from the DT!

msjan1
              msjan1
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Here’s mine

StephD
                StephD
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Beautiful Jan I love the stenciling & stamping!

GinnyH
                  GinnyH
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Beautiful example, Ginny!!!
                    And I do so love this challenge; thanks for taking over <3
                    <hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-454566″ style=”display: none;”>Peggy</span>Quote

Thanks Peggy, I love this challenge too!

ginny 🙂

Merrihew
                    Merrihew
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Ginny, Bec, Kim and Jan, each of your LO’s are totally beautiful and each unique! What a gorgeous kit we have to work with this month, as always!

Peggy
                      Peggy
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I know that this challenge brings out the best in us, but I must say that the DT has absolutely wowed me this month!!!! Beautiful pages ladies – thanks so much for the inspiration!!!!

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

This mother/daughter photo and the gorgeous Rossibelle collection by Prima are a perfect fit for this month’s All That Flutters Challenge.

For the most part, this page was made with the Rose Garden kit; I’ve added a few pieces that I’ve had for a while.
                          I’m usually not so heavy with details and embellishments, especially when using such a busy piece of pattern paper as Nostalgia for my base, but somehow I just couldn’t help myself and in the end, I must admit that I like the results.
                          The Dusty Attic Hanging Bulbs chipboard pieces that came in the main kit were primed with black gesso. I painted the bottoms with Prima’s Opal Magic acrylic paint in Rose Gold and sprinkled some Micro Beads in Blush on the bottoms. After adhering them to my page, I added some tiny bows fashioned out of the sheer ribbon trim that were also in the main package.
                          I matted the photo with a bit of black cardstock, then on a scrap from a previous layout and placed it on a couple of Melissa Frances’ Paper Lace doilies and two more that were cut from Core’dinations cardstock in Sassy with Cheery Lynn’s French Pastry die. When that was all done, I tucked in a few pieces of Rossibelle ephemera here and there and placed a sticker from the package on the bottom of the photo for my title.
                          Next, I had fun with flowers – some from the Flower Add-On and others from my stash that blended in perfectly. I added some Druzy Stones and a few Cottage Cutz Leafy Vines left from my Calle D Chartres layout to my clusters.
                          Last are the flutterbies – cut from the same Sassy Core’dinations cardstock with two of my dies – Mini Butterflies by Cheery Lynn and Flutter of Butterflies Lace by Die-Namics – with bits of Kaisercraft pearls in the centers.

QT
                          QT
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

The design team created some gorgeous layouts with this kit. Very inspiring!!

QT
                            QT
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Peggy, your layout is gorgeous. I love how you added the bulbs on the layout!! Great idea!! also, I love the pink and white lace doile up under the pictures. I really do love how this turned out!

Bec
                              Bec
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

This layout is truly stunning Peggy, I love everything about it, the photo, the colours, the flowers, the bulbs ❤❤❤

GinnyH
                                GinnyH
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

What a beautiful layout Peggy! Love the doilies under your photos and the bows on your chippie bulbs.

ginny 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.