Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Oh, my goodness!!!!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Ok, you guru's that use CS5….have you compared PSE to CS5??? Since I've used both, I am shocked to find that CS5 is completely different from CS5 in the way the actions function. I am referencing the Florabella actions that I love…..but I'm IN LOVE with them in CS5. Is it just my old eyes playing tricks on me….or is there a gigantic difference?????
    I'm in Wowzer-ville right now playing with CS5…..it's awesome!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I've been using photoshop for a long time, but never tried using PSE, so it's interesting to hear about the comparisons. So you are saying that the same actions are far better in CS5?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Being that CS5 is the program professional photographers use and costs what 600.00 just for the software, not including lightroom or actions and PSE is like 80.00 I would guess that everything is better about it!!! ;)

Excellent point, Lisa. Never thought of it in that light. In PSE, I couldn't use Vintage Wine because it was too drastic. In CS5, it is a subtle change, but very pretty.

I'm getting frustrated right now because it is so different from PSE. I had that one figured out…..not this one. All the tools seem to appear and then disappear. I want the History to stay, but I have to keep going back to the top and click on it. Then, I had trouble adding a texture. I need to take a wine break! Ah-ha!!! The solution!

You may not know this Debbie but all actions are adjustable. Meaning when you apply one you do not have to use it at the intensity level it shows up at. If the action is more drastic than what you like you need to play with your modes and opacity level. Every action can be adjusted to your taste. There are very few actions I use without any adjustments. The action applied as is -is the designers taste and is also based on their computer and settings etc. I am sure that CS5 is the most fabulous thing on earth and certainly there are more actions available and add ons. But if you do some reading up on PSE it is VERY comparable for a fraction of the price and for what we use it for. I'm not trying to deter your enthusiasm in any way. I am just suggesting that you may want to further explore all that PSE can do especially if you add Wacom Bamboo to it… or not… %-6

I loooove my Wacom pen and tablet!!!

Thanks, Lisa. I have played with PSE lots. I was very happy with it until I downloaded the CS5. It made sense the point you made about the difference in price. It's like comparing a Ford to a Lexus….you get what you pay for. The leaing curve for CS5 is steep….and I've got lots to lea! But….I'm having fun, and not having much time to scrap….ugh!

It seems to me that when you use an action in CS5, the results usually are not as radical as in PSE??? When I go to do a little editing, there is hardly any difference when you uncheck an eye. KWIM? Is it supposed to be like this????

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

There are a lot of actions that I use along with others. MCP has a lot of actions set up so you do one then another than another on top of it.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I don't just uncheck and eye. I will keep the eyes on and select it then play with the modes to see what happens. Like multiply, color bu, soft light, linear light etc.

Ok….I forget to use that feature. I'm still playing and leaing. I've been here all afteoon and night. Thanks for the heads-up!

I almost never use just 1 action. I use 2 or more most of the time, in different opacities.

I guess you just have to play with it until you find what you want. CS5 has opened up an entirely new area for me. Thanks, SwirlyGirlies, for having this forum! I went for months and never even looked at Photoshop….now it's an another addiction! Who needs drugs or alcohol??? I have photoshop! LOL

Alcohol is good too. jus sayin.

Alcohol is good too. jus sayin.

A friend of mine just bought a carton of cigarettes and a 6-pack of beer and spent almost $75.00 I can almost buy a new action from MCP with that much $$$$. Besides, my chances of getting the Big C are reduced by not smoking….It's all good!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.