Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Oh, please no!!!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Preschool just called and Brynlee has a rash under her chin….Please, please, don't let it be shingles!!! It's been a little over 2 weeks since her mother's run-in with them in her eye.
    I'm working all week long…and my DD has used up all her sick days. Last week, Bryn fell into a table with her head and the teacher didn't think an egg sized bump between her eyes was serious enough to call me about!!! When I picked her up, I almost fainted! We ended up at Urgent care that night, and the ER doc was worried about the area of her head. I had to take her to school with me last Tuesday because I couldn't get a sub for the sub so we could get x-rays. She had a great time with Mimi, and her head was fine. I don't think they will let me take her to school with shingles!!! Dark cloud….shoooooo!!!

Snagg1
      Send PM

Think Happy Thoughts. Hopefully nothing to worry about.

Good Lord. Children are suppose to get chicken pox…NOT shingles!!! I hope she is OK.

Debbie, hope it doesn't end up being shingles!

awww poor thing!!! I hope it doesn't tu out to be shingles. sending hugs and prayers!!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Oh no!! Debbie I hope it isn't shingles either. Let's hope for chicken pox like Lisa said, or just a contact reaction to something else.

WTH about her daycare provider??!!! Around here they HAVE to contact you when they hit their heads like that. I hope everything tus out ok.

Thanks everyone. Everything tued out fine. Don't know what the rash was….we just worried over it and it went away. I was so relieved. The preschool folks were afraid that Bryn had a serious injury and they were so apologetic and kind. Bryn didn't even get full-blown black eyes…which the ER doc said would happen. The director said that they had changed their policy due to Bryn's injury….good thing! We would consider changing daycares, but Trinity Lutheran is supposed to be the Cadillac of Childcare Centers in town.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Debbie I'm so sorry i completely missed this. Glad everything is fine now

Glad she is okay!

Debbie I'm so sorry i completely missed this. Glad everything is fine now

Same here! So glad everything worked out!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Phew! So glad everything tued out. Just keep fingers crossed that the rash doesn't come back. Maybe it was contact dermatitis?

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Debbie, thank goodness that it wasn't shingles. They pick up so many colds and tummy viruses and rashes during the first year or so, but it's horrible when it's yours that is sick…

wow good thing Debbie – what a break!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.