Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Okay, I think I can do this now…

This topic contains 41 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Bare with me, please. This is a post I have wanted to make time and again since the beginning of Camp Swirlydoos and I just have not been able to get it out… This is going to come out all wrong so please just work with me!

While we were away hosting the 2nd annual 'Camp Swirlydoos' in the beginning of June this year, I was sort of blind-sided and caught WAY off guard (something that RARELY happens to me) by Lisa G. She brought 4 packages wrapped in tissue paper into the workshop where I was sitting completely unaware – watching the Swirly Girlies open up their camp bags. She laid these packages at my table and immediately all eyes (and cameras) were on me. Congrats guys. You pulled one over on me, took me completely by surprise, left me mind boggled and speechless and caught it all on tape. (dirty look to Lisa).

As I opened each of these tissue wrapped packages, I found 4 indescribably beautiful chunky mini albums. Each page in each album was created by a very special subscriber & friend. I was so awed by the sheer beauty of these pages. HOLY COW! So much talent on our little website.. REALLY? I was stunned, shocked and flattered beyond belief! Then as I was flipping through the pages, I began to see some recurring 'things'. Each page was made using a Swirlydoos kit or kit products….  and each page held a personal message for me from the artist who created it. At that point, I knew there was no way I could read all of those messages right there – on the spot. I could never get through it with dry eyes and I knew that. So I gazed lovingly at every page in every album – touching, feeling, oohing and ahhing over your incredible creations! I put them away and waited until I retued home, and was able to give them the time and attention they deserved. 

Last week, I sat down with my four treasured books and really went through them – page by gorgeous page. I read the intensely personal, funny, heart warming and humbling messages that you all put into those pages. 3 hours, a half a box of Kleenex, and one very confused husband later I sat amidst a pile of the most beautiful scrapbooking artwork ever created feeling one of the most intense feelings of both pride and humility that i've ever known. I've spent days trying to find the words to let you all know how much I appreciate every single piece of detail, and every word you wrote… but those words simply do not exist. 

I can only say, THANK YOU. And please know that those two little words simply cannot come close to expressing the deep gratitude that I have for all of you. You're not 'customers'. Each and every one of you have touched my life in a deeply personal way and I am so so proud to consider every single one of you my friend. I have no doubt at all that I am in fact the luckiest woman alive.

So, thank you. Thank you all so much for everything you've given to me – the most important being your trust and your friendship.

And a very special thank you to my dear friend Lisa – who went behind my back to organize this little mutiny. I love ya honey! Thank you! 

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh I wish I could see them all I bet they are so beautiful Krissy…and thanks yes to Lisa for organising and pulling that off for you…what you do for all of us here is very special, we all have a great place to come to for laughing, tears, and support. ty Kirssy 🙂

🙂

Snagg1
          Send PM

YAY!!!!! 🙂

It was a special moment to watch and so glad you enjoyed them in your own space without us oogling you. And Lisa G thank you for putting it all together and for being so kind and thoughtful. 🙂

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Awh, thanks to LisaG for putting it together. It was a pleasure to do something fun for you Krissy!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I am so thankful that Lisa came up with this idea….. and again thankful that I could do something that let Krissy know just how much I care about her and value this place she created…..

You ARE the best, Krissy! Love ya!

Lisa G. -Thanks so much for thinking of this and putting it all together!

I have to convert the video that I shot of Krissy opening the packages. And I also took a still shot of all of the pageswhich I will upload as well here in this section. I didnt get the chance to pull out all of the tags, because those are some of the best parts of the page, some are personal, and if Krissy wants to share she will. But I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who participated in this mutiny as it was so much fun for me to do!! I felt like a kid in the candy store every time a package came to my door. And a special Thank you to all of you who sent me goodies along with the page. I have a small box full of trinkets, flowers, tags, ribbon, trim, embellies, thank you cards and such that you sent to thank me for pulling this off. Those gifts were totally unexpected!! Smooches to everyone!! Ya'll are the best!!
              And Krissy, I didn't know how else to say thank you for all that you do for us, this was just a tiny gesture that all were able to contribute to. I didn't expect the outcome that I got! So very grateful for that!!

I missed out!! 🙁

I have been slacking so bad, but I do love you Krissy!

Snagg1
                Send PM

OH, I am so glad, been looking forward to you getting it Krissy. You deserve the albums and more. Lisa G. Thanks for all the work amid personal crisis. Woo Hoo we pulled one over on Krissy!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Lisa thank you for being the loving sneaky person that you are.

Krissy it was a pleasure to help give you a small token of the love and appreciation I have for you.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Well, all that I want to say has been said above from the huge thank you to LisaG for planning and organizing the mutiny and for assembling all of the pages.
                    And to Krissy, my eyes filled with tears as I read your post. The thing is, yes, you run a business splendidly; but you go soooo much further with us all. You have created a family, sometimes a little rambunctious, but due to your leadership, always caring for one another. It's what sets Swirlydoos apart and for that and for the wonderful friendships and inspiration that we've all gained !heart you so, so much!!!!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Well, all that I want to say has been said above from the huge thank you to LisaG for planning and organizing the mutiny and for assembling all of the pages.
                      And to Krissy, my eyes filled with tears as I read your post. The thing is, yes, you run a business splendidly; but you go soooo much further with us all. You have created a family, sometimes a little rambunctious, but due to your leadership, always caring for one another. It's what sets Swirlydoos apart and for that and for the wonderful friendships and inspiration that we've all gained !heart you so, so much!!!!!

well said!!!!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

*sniff*

Krissy you are so amazing!! Love you!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.