Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff OMG!!!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

My DD talked to a firefighter that come in for a broken leg he got fighting the fire this afteoon. He said that the fire that's buing now was spread by a jackrabbit family. One of the adult rabbits caught fire and hopped back to the nest. The babies caught fire also and they all were jumping through the tall dead grass….buing as they ran. It spread the fire. How horrible. He said that he couldn't tell her the sights that he had seen with the cattle….it was too horrible to tell.
    My cousin that I got Cabo from is being evaculated right now…..She has kennels with lots of puppies…..I am heart sick!

Snagg1
      Send PM

Oh Debbie……..How horrible!! What are you going to do?

Oh Debbie……..How horrible!! What are you going to do?

I can't contact her by phone. I'm just waiting to hear from someone in the family. The last report we got said that 136,000 acres have bued from this fire alone. Still not one single word on the national news???? I guess Texas has to completely bu before we rate any news report. There are firefighters here from Idaho, Florida, Arizona, N.M., Georgia, and several other states. I've been praying all afteoon.

Oh, how awful!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

awwwwwwww that is so sad 🙁

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh Debbie, praying for rain for you. Lived through those kind of fires when we were in CO, but not quite as close, still, you can't breathe and it does make your heartsick. Be ready to go girl , if you must.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I don't think the fires are threatening us at present….but my cousin is in the direct path where she lives about 25 miles from me. I think the Goveor is going to declare Texas a disaster area….duh!!! At least, those who lost so much can apply for federal help….if there is anything left to give. (Gee….I'm sounding more and more like a cynic??)

It's def on the news here! Heard about hoe HUGE these fires are!! I hope you stay safe!

Oh how horrible!! So sad…Please Lord. let there be rain!!!!

I finally heard something on the news. In CA we get lots of fires and it is very scary. Praying for you.

Amen! Amen!!! Please Lord….we desperately need you to send us an adundance of rain.

So sorry Debbie! That's sound just terrifying! I hope you stay safe and we'll pray for some rain.

So sorry Debbie! That's sound just terrifying! I hope you stay safe and we'll pray for some rain.

My exact thoughts!! {{Big Hugs}}

This really has been nerve racking….and those poor, defensivless animals. My mind just can't wrap around what's happening. There is a prison right in the fire's path tonight with 1700 inmates. How in the @#@# to you evacuate that many men without losing someone???? It's mind boggling!

hhhhaaaaa! How in the h…do you spell defensiveless???? I know this isn't right!

Hahahaha! A new day….a clearer head….defenseless….what word was I going for yesterday?????

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

So sorry you're having such a time Debbie. I am praying that you and your loved ones will remain safe. I have spent the past few weeks whining about the weather here in Alberta. We've had an unusually cold and long winter and there is still a foot of snow in the back yard when there should be tulips and daffodils, but it is peanuts compared to what you're going through. I too, am praying for rain for you. Linda

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.