Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Prayer Requests Only the good

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anniescraps 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    StephD
    StephD
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I’m having another cancer sucks moment right now. We had some new neighbors move in to the house across the street from us last summer. We were having drinks one night at our fire pit in our backyard and I had seen Jack in Tina in their front yard earlier so I invited them over for drinks. We had a good time with them and the following weekend they invited us for drinks to their place. We had such a good time, they were just so easy to talk to and I said to my dh when we got home that I thought they’d become really good friends as we all seemed to be so comfortable with each other, like we’d been friends for years. Just before Christmas I was over talking to Tina and she had been sick with a cold and found out it was pneumonia. When the doctor had given her a chest X-ray the found a mass on her lung so she was waiting to find out about getting a biopsy done. I was saying to my dh on Saturday night that I hadn’t really seen Tina since before Christmas and I must go over and find out if she’d had the biopsy yet. So we had snow last night and Rick was out shoveling our driveway and Jack was out doing their driveway and told Rick the bad news that Tina had stage 4 cancer and it was in her neck, chest, back, more or less all over. I was so shocked, just brought me to tears. Why is it that things like this always happens to nice people? I went over to see Tina and we had tea and just talked about it all. They had a holiday booked for Mexico and they are still going to go. They leave on Saturday and won’t be back until March 4th. Once they get back the doctor will have a plan as to what treatments will happen. Tina has become such a good friend and I said to her today that I just got to get to know her and I’m not willing to let her go. I’m just hoping that maybe I could ask you all to say a little prayer for Tina.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

OH my goodness Steph, how sad…
        Of course, I’ll keep her in my prayers.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Sending prayers, Steph.

anniescraps
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I’m so sorry for your friend Steph. I’m sending lots of prayers and thoughts your way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.