Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrappy Spaces Ooooh La La

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

One year ago I decided to take the plain boring white room in the front of our house and tu it into a magical scrappy getaway where glitter dreams and acrylic paint wishes come true. For whatever reason I went French.
      Today I still have not completed my room but I'm closer than I ever was before. Just a couple finishing touches by the end of summer this year will have my imagination brought to life.
      For the record, the color is Canyon Blue by Pittsburgh paints. It is a dusty dark blue that is very warm and dramatic. Unfortunately with the placement of my windows, all of my pics would be backlit and so I was forced to use the flash but I swear…it's not as garish as it seems.

[img:width=600&height=902]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1301798090_572_FT0_scraproom1_.jpg[/img]

This is my iMac which I am secretly having an affair with;) I love my computer. And to answer the buing question which you are dying to ask…yes it's real. Of course I'm talking about my large format printer. Where would a scrapper be without her digital toys. I plan to install white coer shelving from the coer piece up to the ceiling but that is a task for another time. I'll have to move my dress form but it's so big…it doesn't really go much of anywhere else.

[img:width=600&height=399]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1301798090_572_FT0_scraproom3too_.jpg[/img]

This is a quilted cork board that I made. I would like to say I was thrifty and purchased an old pic at Goodwill or the like…but alas. I was a re re and went to Joanne's thinking that 40% was such a great deal. I love the french toille fabrick that I used. I was looking for more of a damask but couldn't find it. If you would like details on how to make this (and what mistakes to avoid) please visit my blog.

[img:width=600&height=399]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1301798090_572_FT0_scraproom4_.jpg[/img]

This is a close up of my clip-it-up. My #1 thought while designing this room was to have as much in my face as possible to it would get used. Out of site, out of mind is my usual MO when it comes to scrapping.

The sides of my desk are cut out into cubbies. I got the desk at a Pier One going out of business sale. It was only 30% but that's better than full price right? I love the counter height so I can stand and scrap if I choose.

Ok so as you can see I was decorating all the boxes to match my room…and that's as far as it got. All my old 4×6 are stored in these boxes.The tool bag is my most ingenious idea EVER! I keep this handy little thing packed with all the must have tools. See the white circle beside it? That is a lazy susan and the tote fits perfectly on it. Whenever I come in to scrap I grab the base and the tote and put them up on the coer of my desk. If I'm off to a crop…I never have to worry about the basics. They are always ready to go. Take my little lazy susan and voila! Everything within reach no matter where you are and with minimal use of your cropping space.

[img:width=600&height=399]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1301798090_572_FT0_scraproom7_.jpg[/img]

here and in the drawers…

[img:width=600&height=399]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1301798090_572_FT0_scraproom10_.jpg[/img]
      ]
      inks and smudgers and…

[img:width=600&height=399]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1301798090_572_FT0_scraproom12_.jpg[/img]

punches, brads, gypsy, and…

[img:width=600&height=399]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1301798090_572_FT0_scraproom13_.jpg[/img]

Clay and scraps of useless silk that my bellydance teacher so graciously gave me.

[img:width=600&height=399]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1301798090_572_FT0_scraproom14_.jpg[/img]
      more trinkets and chochkies and such on shelves and magnetted to the wall. I love those little white magnet things. If you're looking for small storage…they are the bomb.

So this is my retreat. I hope you enjoyed the tour. I spend a lot of time in this room even if I'm too tired to scrap. Sometimes instead of TV the hubby will surf on the Mac while I scrap and it's just nice and serene. Oh, and if you think it's this clean all the time…think again. Normally you can't see the top of my desk and until just this week there was a piston to a 1982 shovelhead sitting on my Cricut station. lol

TFL

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg I AM SOOOOO Moving in with yoU!!!!!!!!!!!! i love love LOVE your room!!

You simply MUST get the large chippy chandelier from Dusty Attic – it was MADE for your room!!!

BRB I'm gonna see if I have one here hang on.

DANG! I don't have anymore – but I'll order you one if you want one! It would make a GORGEOUS wall hanging! It's about 12 tall!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

p.s. where oh WHERE did you get that wire dress form. I simply MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous Adriana!!! i love your room. Like mine you have wonderful black fuiture..Very chic!! And my husband has yet to hang my chandelier that has been sitting in a box for months…I love it!!!

ooh la la indeed!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Oh…Hobby lobby dear. 50% off…I only paid $12 for it 🙂

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg I AM SOOOOO Moving in with yoU!!!!!!!!!!!! i love love LOVE your room!!

You simply MUST get the large chippy chandelier from Dusty Attic – it was MADE for your room!!!

BRB I'm gonna see if I have one here hang on.

DANG! I don't have anymore – but I'll order you one if you want one! It would make a GORGEOUS wall hanging! It's about 12 tall!!!

12 you say…hmmmmmm…I'm in!! What would any savage say? 🙂

Yup, I was just going to say, I just bought the same one at Hobby Lobby!! It is so pretty!!

I also bought a full size dress form that is gorgeous!! On line. I will upload a pic tomorrow.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

oooo….I saw those too…they are so cool

Well as you can all see I'm a re re when it comes to adding pics to my forum post. I'll work on it. Sorry for the jacked post. Enjoy the pics anyway.

Absolutely love your scraproom! A beautiful place to create!

Gorgeous!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Gorgeous room! I love that dress form!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Gorgeous!!!! I have scraproom envy.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

What they said: gorgeous room!!!! LOVE that dress form!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.