Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements OUR CLASS WITH THE TIMSTER!!!

This topic contains 69 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author

OMGoodness…What a blast I had today taking Tim classes with Thelma and Louise!!!! (Kathi and Kathy…
    We took the Creative Outlets class with Tim today at the Bayfront Hilton in St Petersburg Florida. In the class we leaed so many techniques for using all kinds of product, Alcohol inks, paint dabbers, Perfect Pearls Mists, Distress Inks, the new Stains, Stamping, Distress stickling..All I can say is distress distress, distress!!!! It was so much fun and nonstop creating for 3 hours straight with NO break. Well, you could take a break, but I don't think anyone did!!
    When the 1st class for the day was over, The 3 of us walked up the block to a wonderful Italian restaurant for a great lunch and chit chat about everything!! After Lunch we walked another block to Whimsodoodle. It is the fabulous scrap store that sponsored the retreat!!. We spent way to much money. But hey!! It was Tim stuff!! I will confess I bought 8 new Alterations Dies, and lots of other goodies. We made 4 fabulous tags and here is the proof!!

[img:width=600&height=903]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1304728173_55_FT0_dsc_2784_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=903]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1304728173_55_FT0_dsc_2785_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=903]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1304728173_55_FT0_dsc_2786_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=903]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1304728173_55_FT0_dsc_2787_copy_.jpg[/img]

Are they not fabulous!! And Tim gave us all out permission to teach you!! So you know I will be doing a Ustream video on creating one of the tags. My all time fave is the Dressed to Distress tag. I love the sewing theme, and of course it is one of the dies I bought today! It's called Sewing Room. The dress form is so much fun. So many possibilities!!
    I bought my Compendium book with me for Tim to sign, which he did, and purchased a FAB apron that both he and Mario signed for me. It was a wonderful day! So much fun to be with Thelma and Louise!! I love those swirly girlies!! They were taking all of the classes this weekend!! Crazy lucky chicas!!
    Here we are!!

[img:width=600&height=398]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1304728459_55_FT0_dsc_2771_copy_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=395]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1304728459_55_FT0_dsc_2773_copy_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=398]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1304728459_55_FT0_me_and_tim_.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
      Send PM

Oh Lisa!!! I love the colors on tag #3!!! I love them all but I think #3 is my favorite. I'm so glad you were able to go and spend the day with Thelma and Louise and TIMMY!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the next class! The photos are awesome.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh oh oh!!!!! Ho w fun was that?!! Love love your tags, they are awesome!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oh my goodness honey those tags are THE BOMB! Wow you rocked those they are BREATHTAKING every single one! You are a goddess of talent, composition and distressing. CAN'T WAIT FOR THOSE USTREAMS!!!

Oh my!!! It sounds like you had a blast! Your tags are amazing! Can't wait for you to pass on what you leaed!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm sooo jealous I can't even see straight! Beyond thrilled for you ladies. Wow, wow, wow! Isn't a class with Tim Holtz pretty much the pinnacle? Post lots and lots of tutorials so we can vicariously live through you. I need that damn dress form!

Amber, you have no idea how cute it is!! Thats the only one I wanted and walked out of the store with 8 new dies…

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

awwwwww how much fun thatmust have been 🙂 awesome 🙂

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Love, Love, Love it! Tims classes are the best

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Lisa, I love your tag #3. I almost bought that die today and it looks gorgeous. Now I need to go back to the store. I'm glad you had a nice time. I can't wait for the tutorials I have my size 8 tags ready.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I'm green with envy. I class with Tim – awesome! Two and three are definitely my favorites.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Amber, you have no idea how cute it is!! Thats the only one I wanted and walked out of the store with 8 new dies…

LOL…I always have the intention to get only one and somehow that never happens! That's it…I'm ordering that dress form and the weathered clock tonight. What other dies did you get? I already have the bird cage and some of the older ones, but those new ones are too cute! I'm still seething green with envy. Tim Holtz is the Rock Star of scrapbooking. I think I would hyperventilate in his presence. !amazed

Lisa, are ya going to frame that pic of you and Timmy in your scraproom? You might have to explain it to Grandpa. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Awesome!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I just noticed you did that tissue tape technique on the bottom of number 4. Love it! He also does a flower using that same technique. Oh goodness, I better go cool myself off…ha!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.