Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Owen is going to school this year!

This topic contains 87 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Holy hell! Yesterday, we (Dh, me Owen, and Audra) went to meet the teacher (and her aides) that I was telling you guys about. She was awesome! We didn't know what classroom she was in, so dh ducked into the office to ask; the receptionist came around from her desk and introduced herself, and got down on her knees to be at Owen's level, just so she could say, Hi. She knew exactly who we were!
      When we were looking for the classroom, we got lost. A teacher in the hall saw that we looked lost, and walked us all the way to the room even though it was clearly out of her way. The teacher was not in the room, but her two aides were, and they were awesome! Right away they started showing us what kinds of activities they do with the kids. They talked to Owen the whole time, not just to us.
      The teacher arrived a few minutes later, and she was so friendly! She told us that she has been teaching for 17 years, but for three of those she was a special ed facilitator, and she hated it because she wasn't working directly with kids, so she went back to the classroom a few years ago. That is a GREAT sign! She asked all kinds of questions about Owen, and about all of my training. She was very humble, and did not put on any airs about knowing more than me. In fact, she asked me if I would be willing to come in and help implement a couple of behavior strategies for Owen, and show them what they might be able to do with the other kids, with the other parents' permission, of course.
      The classroom is wonderful! They actually have a changing station, instead of changing the kids in the middle of the classroom on the floor like the last school Owen was at.
      Anyway, there are practically at least 20 other things I was impressed with, but I'll spare you the details! Bottom line is, that after I can get the paperwork an doctor's orders together, we can enroll him, and he should be in class by the end of next week. I can't tell you how excited I am for Owen. He so deserves to be a member of society!

Oh, Rae!!! That is truly an answer to all your prayers!!!!! I am so delighted for all of you!
      It sounds lovely, and you will get to still be a big part of his education. Praise God! I am sooooo happy for you!!!!

Oh Rae, that sounds awesome!!!!!
      So glad that you found Owen a good and Professional school. If our kids are doing good, then we as parents do too. So happy for you and Owen!

Snagg1
        Send PM

OMG!!!! RAE!!!! I'm so incredible excited for you and Owen!!!! It sounds absolutely wonderful and the staff sounds perfect. The best part is that you felt comfortable and happy. I have goosebumps! Really, I do…can you see them. LOL YAY!!! I'm doing a happy dance for you.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I'm so happy for you and Owen!!!

Oh, Rae! I am crying right now because I am so happy for you and Owen! I am so glad that you found this school and this teacher! It will be so awesome watching him bloom!!!

That is amazing AWESOME news!! ;D ;D

So happy for both Owen and your family!

Rae..that is so exciting! I'm very happy for all of you! That school, the staff, teacher and aides were truly meant to be put in your path. How wonderful!
          Fist pumps..all around! Hehe

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

What an absolutely amazing blessing! So thrilled for you and Owen.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh Rae, I am so very happy for your family. This is wonderful.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Rae, this is so amazing. It is great that you found someplace that you are so comfortable with. I am so excited for you and Owen.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Thanks so much for your well wishes, ladies! Swirly girls are the best!

That is so awesome Rae!!!! What a wonderful thing that there are teachers out there to help those in need of the most help. I was just chatting with Debbie about how teachers are very special!! It takes a very special person to be a teacher and even more special to have the courage and finesse to teach special ed, and be good at it!!….So happy for Owen!! And for your family!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Thanks, Lisa! That is true: teaching is an absolute calling. It is a craft, not a job. And those who do not see it that way are doing kids a disservice- they should leave the profession immediately.
                    I miss it so much, but I think this is the first school year that I would rather be at home to take the older two and stay home with the baby!

That's wonderful news Rae! I wish you many blessings with this new venture and that Owen will blossom in his new environment. After everything you have been through this is a well deserved achievement!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.