Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tips, Tricks & Techniques Painting Metal Embellishments

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Does anyone know if you can paint metal embellishments? I am particularly interested in painting one of my Tim Holtz oate label pieces. Do you need a special type of paint (or can you even paint metal)????

Thank you 🙂

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Yes, you can! What kind of paint do you want to use? Depending on what you want it to look like, you may think about putting gesso on the metal first.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I have acrylic paint on hand. I was hoping to paint it a light cream color. I never thought of Gesso – great idea! I'll give it a try… Thank you 🙂

Tim Holtz has several tutorials on painting his metal embellishments. Check at rangerink.com or timholtz.com.

Ranger Patina's are awesome for painting metal embellishments.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I just coat with gesso first, wipe some off then paint. Gives a more distressed look.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

You can also color with alcohol inks but it's more of a wash than a solid color if u know what I mean.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Thanks ladies!!! I'm off to paint 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.