Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews Paints – Silks???

This topic contains 41 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

OK there are sooo many brands of paints out there. After trying the November kit teal Silks paint – I think it's the best I've ever tried. Any others have any favorites? If so WHY are they so good? You all know I LOVE and have a kinda sick infatuation with gelatos… but I still need a few go to paints. BTW I hate mists (but that's another story).

I think everyone should own a bottle of Iridescent Medium, by Windsor & Newton.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Yup Paulien got me using the Iridescent Medium, it just gives such a pretty shine/sparkle to things!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I need to get some of that iridescent medium. I have never seen it anywhere.

Vicky, the Silks are by far the best paints I have used. Now, I haven't tried a lot of paints other than the acrylics you get at Michaels, but the Silks are WONDERFUL. I have a lot of them, and I can't get enough!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Rae. M's sell iridescent medium on the paint isle

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Rae. M's sell iridescent medium on the paint isle

Really? I am a ditz.

I have like 6 bottles of Silks and haven't even busted them out yet! I will get on that.

I love the Studio paints from Ranger, mix and match, great with mediums etc….def my go-to paint.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I only have a couple of those- I haven't used them.

Yup Paulien got me using the Iridescent Medium, it just gives such a pretty shine/sparkle to things!

So you add your own colors to it (like my gelatos?)

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Yes you can add it to any acrylic paint.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I really like the Silks–they are so yummy and shiny and smooth! Can you guys puhlease quit bringing up new products that sound so great….I am having impulse control issues!!

I haven't tried the silks yet…for paint..I use liquitex…I just purchase one color with my 40% off coupons…after awhile they add up!..I just ordered my first Lindy's yesterday for one of my Christmas presents to try..I ordered a set of embossing powder, a set of the fabios, the winter wonderland set, 2 sets of the try me sets, and 2 sets of magicals…some roses and a noodle brush…what the heck is a noodle brush for? it was a 1.00 so I thought hmmmm……lol….I have no clue what it's for..but I don't have one and for a dollar it was cheap..has anyone used a noodle brush before?

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Liquitex is nice and so are the Lumiere paints. I have a bunch of those and LOVE them.

I also love the mica powders to paint with. 🙂

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I haven't tried the silks yet…for paint..I use liquitex…I just purchase one color with my 40% off coupons…after awhile they add up!..I just ordered my first Lindy's yesterday for one of my Christmas presents to try..I ordered a set of embossing powder, a set of the fabios, the winter wonderland set, 2 sets of the try me sets, and 2 sets of magicals…some roses and a noodle brush…what the heck is a noodle brush for? it was a 1.00 so I thought hmmmm……lol….I have no clue what it's for..but I don't have one and for a dollar it was cheap..has anyone used a noodle brush before?

LOL, love your way of thinking!

The noodle brush is like a pastry brush with rubbery bristles. I have never used mine for scrapping though!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.