Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Paper roses

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I am determined to make a scrapable rose tonight. I am using a 5 petal flower thought I would start with a 1 inch but having trouble. I am using cardstock. It looks like a spit wad. (For lack of a better term) any helpful hints?

Ooops double post.

The DT blogs have some really good tuts on the roses. I know that Ang and Lisa G. Just click on their blog links that's on their comments.. HTH 🙂 I'm sure that there are more but those are my fave places to go.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Thanks I will check it out.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Connie, LOL at your description, not at your frustration.
          Are you using your Cricut for the shapes? One inch is pretty small.
          If you are using the Cricut, you may want to look up the actual sizes of the dies that are being used in the tutorials. This is a good site; look on the sidebar to your left for the brand then filter down to the die that you want to copy. Click on the link to see the sizes of each individual die. http://www.creativeplaystamps.com/contents/show/1
          Meanwhile, don't give up. It took me a while to get the hang of it, but it's worth it, I promise!!!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Thanks Peggy, I looked at several tuts and combined a couple tried different sizes. I used the cricut george cart. that way while I am putting t together more are being cut. I got it… no bling nothing fancy but it looks like a rose. I used bazzil paper and should of started with a softer paper. I had to mold it alot

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Yayyyyy, now please let's see!!!!!

Thank, Peggy, for that website with all the Spellbinders stuff. I love that it had the sizes next to the die. That really helps! Thanks for posting.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

You're welcome. It's one of my favorite sites when I can't find GM anywhere else. Great variety of stamps, too!!!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I have been putting roses together all day. Told my DH my fingers were started to hurt. He said the cure would be to soak them in dish water. lol I didn't take him up on it. tho. I will take a pic when I am done.

I have been putting roses together all day. Told my DH my fingers were started to hurt. He said the cure would be to soak them in dish water. lol I didn't take him up on it. tho. I will take a pic when I am done.

We wanna see!!!! I really want that Spellbinder Rose Creation die. GabrielleP over at sb.c made some really pretty roses with it.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Here are the roses.. I can still bling them up but will save that for another day. They could use some tweeking.
                    [img:width=556&height=385]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1316379743_793_FT119187_firstroses_0022.jpg[/img]

Wooo wee you got some pretty roses to play with. 🙂

Ohhhh these are gorgeous!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

The first ones are roselike. lol but that adds character. I need to use softer paper next time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.