Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews Paper Trimmers

This topic contains 26 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by msjan1 msjan1 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    RAE
    Swirly Moderator
      Send PM

I am in the market for a new paper trimmer. I had the Cricut trimmer for YEARS, and it broke a few months ago. It was the BEST! I also have a Fiskars rotary cutter and I don’t really like it, so I decided to get a Recollections trimmer from Michaels, which all of the sudden isn’t making the straightest cuts, and now the numbers and lines are wearing off. So, what kind of trimmer do YOU have? What do you love about it?

RAE
      RAE
      Swirly Moderator
        Send PM

Also, let me know if you have a trimmer that you hate, so I don’t buy that one. 🙂

msjan1
        msjan1
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Interested in the responses. I would love a good one, too.

Barbara
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I use a Tonic guillotine trimmer that I love, but it takes up a lot of room. I have the Martha Stewart trimmer but i know I will not have perfect cuts with that one. Which with distressing it really doesn’t matter. So I guess i am not much help, but would to hear of a good paper trimmer besides my guillotine.

msjan1
            msjan1
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM
              lindapekrul
              lindapekrul
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I really hated Fiskar’s Procision Rotary ByPass Trimmer – it wouldn’t give me a clean cut, even when I was only using one piece of paper.

So I tried the Cutterpillar Pro Abs and it is wonderful… straight, clean cuts even when using more than one piece of paper at once…. and I love the LED light – it makes it very easy to see where you’re trimming. Hint when using it… be sure and push the rotary blade against the side of the cutter as you’re pulling it down and you will have accurate cuts.

droopidog
                droopidog
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

So this cutterpillar looks interesting. If I get it, I would get the smaller one. I don’t want a trimmer that takes up that much room.

Kim
                  My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

lindapekrul
                  lindapekrul
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Yes, that is the downside of it Kim.

Kathi
                    Kathi
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

It does look interesting. I have 2 Fishars and can’t say I’m thrilled!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Kathi Kathi.

take time to smell the roses

RAE
                      RAE
                      Swirly Moderator
                        Send PM

I saw that Cutterpillar Pro Abs too- it’s too big for me. I really just want a regular size one that I don’t have to walk across the room to use. Although. I AM getting the new EZ View desk and it has a place for it… UGH!

Kathi
                        Kathi
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

if anyone is interested in the small Cutterpillar they have it on jet.com for $62 & free shipping

droopidog
                          droopidog
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

if anyone is interested in the small Cutterpillar they have it on jet.com for $62 & free shipping

That is a better deal than from their site.

Kim
                            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Kathi
                            Kathi
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Yes I know and if you’re a first time buyer you get another 15% off

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Kathi Kathi.

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

I’ve tried Kathi’s rotary trimmer and I’m afraid I’m not a fan.
                                I have the Fiskars blade trimmer and with all of it flaws, this is the one I prefer. I can see exactly where the cutting stops and I cannot for the life of me figure how to do this with the rotary.
                                You do have to be careful and take it slowly to ensure a straight cut. AND those blades wear out. I confess to use them beyond the worn out stage, figuring that I’m getting some edge distressing without any extra effort.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

RAE
                                RAE
                                Swirly Moderator
                                  Send PM

I wish Cricut still made their trimmer. I just really loved that one. It cut straight and it was super easy to see where it was cutting so I could gut my papers with ease.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.