Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Paper warping

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

When using mixed media (gesso, texture paste, sprays etc) on scrap backgrounds, how do you prevent the paper from warping?
      I need to make card for my mum and I need to use texture paste and stencil on the background but I'm conceed that if I do it directly onto the card it'll warp and even if I do it on a separate piece of paper that paper will be warped and then I have to try to tape it onto the card iykwim

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

This question has been asked before. Here is the link to several solutions. Hope this helps you.

http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?191095

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Cherene, Kim's tip on that thread about spraying the back with water works!!!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks girls

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

yes…my stuff is usually somewhat warped. you can use a heat gun on the back and it will curl back too.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

None of these tips ever work for me. I am struggling with the layout I am doing now. I am beginning to think I will throw all my mists out the window!!!

Barbara I totally know what you mean and what I find is most effective, takes time. Do your spraying or stenciling and after that is dry, put on presure. I usualy use mason-jars for this when it is a card. I simply put them all over my card and leave it for at least half a day. Then glue it to my base card. For layouts, I do the same, and them on top of the jars I place a big stack of cardstock.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

For a perfectly flat LO I do that too Paulien. With the spray and heat gun I still have semi warped papers.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Andie's right. If you let it air day, the warping is minimal and pretty fixable.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I did all that. I tried ironing what I could and that helped a little. Next time after it dries I am going to iron it before I adhere it to another paper.

Snagg1
                        Send PM

I think part of the charm of a handmade card is the distress and a bit of warping but that's just me..

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I think part of the charm of a handmade card is the distress and a bit of warping but that's just me..

I agree. If they want a perfectly machine pressed card they can get it at the store. My handmade cards are perfectly imperfect, and I like it like that.

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

perfectly imperfect ….LOVE that!

Snagg1
                              Send PM

[quote]

I agree. If they want a perfectly machine pressed card they can get it at the store. My handmade cards are perfectly imperfect, and I like it like that.
                              [/quote]

Yup, most of my projects are slightly warped, like me ;)

[quote]

[/quote]

Yep, that's what makes it hand made and special:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.