Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Passing on a legacy

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

For 41 years, I have had the piano that my mom leaed how to play on when she was a young girl. I can still remember the piano being in my grandmother's house until it came to our house when I was 6. That's when I started taking lessons. When I was 20, my dh and my father-in-law picked it up at my parent's house and moved it to our home out at the ranch and that is where it has been for 41 years. I have so many wonderful, fun memories playing for the Christmas programs at school, Spring concerts, sing alongs at home and just playing to relieve stress. Memories of my oldest dd polishing it with hand lotion (not recommended), then a few years later, taking her own lessons on it, tire tracks on the bench from my son's hotwheels cars…lots of memories. Today, my piano left and headed for my dd's house. My oldest dgd is going to start taking lessons and I hope she can create lots of wonderful memories from this wonderful old piano! 🙂

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Cheryl, what a wonderful story…I could almost hear you playing that piano…

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Cheryl, that is so sweet! It warms my heart.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Great story Cheryl. Hope your dgd has as many fond memories as you do.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

How wonderful that this beautiful gift is being passed down through your family. Now you'll be making beautiful new memories!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Love that Cheryl–thanks for sharing it with us. Oh the stories that piano could tell….

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Cheryl, I love this!!!!
                Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful story!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Such a touching story, Cheryl!

I've always wanted to lea how to play the piano!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                    Send PM

oh, that's beautiful! what a treasured legacy!

You must show us the layout you do about the piano and you dgd playing it.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Thank you for sharing your story Cheryl!!! What a heartwarming memory and memories to come.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

You must show us the layout you do about the piano and you dgd playing it.

Yes. Please.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.