Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Passing the Swirly Crown…

This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Good Moing everyone!!
    I have received a few emails and wanted to clarify your questions…

Well, these last couple of months have been a little rough, I didnt realize how much of a responsibility it was going to be settle my mother in laws estate. And then bring my father in law in to live with us. I try to spend time with him as much as I can, and that certainly has taken away from me time. Of course my me time is the time I spend in my scrap haven working on all kinds of stuff. I didnt realize that life would change so drastically for me. It would help if the other 2 sons were active in my father in laws life, but they aren't. Steve and I seem to be the caretakers now, and find it very unfair to have to do it alone. When I am home, I keep my FIL company all day, feeling guilty if I lock my self away for a while. But really, that is not the problem, I can fix that, the problem came when I was required to pick up an extra 8 hour shift at work, because managers are required to do 80 hours per pay period. (this is not good for my mental health you know…lol). I was doing 72 hours (3 12 hour shifts per week). So now I had to pick up an other 8 hour shift during the pay period. I have been in the same position for 10 years, working 72 hours with no problems fitting my home life into my work schedule. Now I lose a day. So between work, and caring for my father in law, I realize that my scrap life has been affected. I cannot believe that over 2 months have gone by in the blink of an eye. I really do lose track of time these days. and I realize that by all of these changes in my life, that it is affecting my role with Swirlydoos. And I apologize for that because I really need to have my finger on the pulse, so that Krissy and the Design Team can do their part with out worry or difficulty. Swirlydoos is a business and needs frontline people to stay on task to make it successful. I fear that with everything going on right now, I wouldnt be able to accomplish what the Team REALLY need. I gave the DT coordinator position a shot (I thank Krissy for the chance!!) and have come to realize that I am unable to meet the needs of Swirlydoos in that position at this time. If I didnt have to work in my professional job, I would take the role and FLY with it!! But unfortunately, I don't have that luxury any more.Those were the best times. So I regretfully will take a step down from the DT Coordinator position, and just stay on the DT as I did before. I love SD's…I love Krissy!!…I love the girls!! I will continue to give it my all!!…I just cant coordinate it any more. I am definitely not bued out from scrapping, I am getting but out at work. And sad that it is affecting my fun time and I dont want my fun time to be compromised. Scrapping and creating is what I love to do.
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO……I have passed the DT Coordinator Crown thTiara-1.gif to Lisa Valentine!!! That girl will rock the DT Coordinator role inside out and side to side!!! She has proven time after time that this role was made for her!! I will help Lisa any way I can and continue to give my all to Swirlydoos. After all, we are the best team in the world Kit world!!
    I would like to take this time to welcome Paulien and Maiko to the team..These girls are Crazy Mad Talented. And Congrats to Maiko for making the Prima Design Team. That is awesome!!!

So, I hope that clarifies my decision in my role at Swirlydoos. I am not going anywhere, just taking a back seat and enjoying the jouey as I did before. I dont know what made some of you think I was leaving..Are you Crazy???!!! This is my second home!!! I love you girls!!
    Love and Hugs,
    Lisa

Snagg1
      Send PM

You already know how I feel. We've emailed and I support you and any decision you make. I've got your back!!

I love you to pieces and you have left some incredibly large shoes to fill. I hope I do you proud!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Thanks for filling us in on the details LisaG. I was so shocked when I got the email from Krissy but imagined that what you have described was at the root. You've done a terrific job and I'm glad you're just changing your role a bit!

Lisa V, congrats, I know you'll do a great job!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

LisaG – I totally understand the lack of time. And as you say…you will remain here at Swirlydoos, spreading your wonderful talent. ?

LisaV – You will make a GREAT job! ?

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

yes ty for filling us in .I was also shocked when I got the email. So glad you are just changing roles, that will hopefully free up some time for you 🙂 Congrats Lisa V 🙂 you will be great too

LISA……BIG HUGS to you hon!!!!! I was wondering how the heck you were doing it all.

Lisa V… big congrats to your promotion girl!!!!

Lisa G., I totally can see why you feel you need to step down. You've done such a great job as Design Team Coordinator, but you do have a LOT on your plate right now! Be sure to take care of yourself! Don't bu out! We love you!

Congratulations to Lisa V. You will be great!

Thanks for filling us in on the details LisaG. I was so shocked when I got the email from Krissy but imagined that what you have described was at the root. You've done a terrific job and I'm glad you're just changing your role a bit!

Lisa V, congrats, I know you'll do a great job!

I agree wholeheartedly! ;D

LisaG bigs hugs! I don't know how you do it all to begin with. I hope your work life gets easier soon and you can live your dreams in NC.

LisaV big congrats honey! You will do a great job I am sure of that!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Lisa I'm so sorry like has gotten crazy for you right now…I'll be praying for you and your family and remember you have to take care of yourself to be able to take care of others…so do get away and have some time for yourself. I know you'll be missed as lead but glad to see your still part of this fantastic group of crafters.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

LisaG, well, I knew that this was coming and I do understand; family must take precedence over all else and job requirements sometimes get in the way of letting us do what we love. Well, you're still on the DT and that means that we will still be receiving your inspiration every month… Major {{{HUGS}}} to you and your family!!!!!

LisaV, the Swirly crown could not have been passed on to a better person, your designs and techniques are so amazing!!! I look forward to leaing so much from you!!!! Congratulations to you and to us!!!!!

And speaking of congratulations to us, the email that I opened this moing announcing our new DT members put a big, BIG smile on my face.
              Paulien, welcome home for real; you know how much I love and admire your work!!!
              Maiko, I've been following your layouts for some time now, they are so beautiful!!!
              To both of our new DT members, and again, to us, congratulations!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Lisa G, you are wonderfully talented and I am so glad you are still part of the DT – I lea so much from you and enjoy all of your tutorials. What you are doing for your father-in-law is so special and I admire you very much. (I loved when he popped in for a visit during your paper bag album tutorial.) Be sure and nourish yourself during this time of so many new responsibilities. As women, we take care of everyone around us, and tend to forget ourselves!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

LisaG we will miss you as coordinator but your talent will still be with us.I love you to pieces and totally understand and support this decision.

Three cheers for LisaG!!!!!!!!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

LisaV I know you make a fantastic coodinator. Your talent is amazing!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Lisa V, the crown has been passed on to a wonderful and creative gal and I know you are going to do a fantastic job!

And the two new designers…WOW. I went to your blogs and LOVE your work. Pauline, your explicit instructions are wonderful for a newbie like me. I can hardly wait to try some of your tags as well as your techniques with paint and gesso. Maiko, your use of color and embellishments is absolutely beautiful. Very inspiring. Congratulations and welcome to Swirlydoos!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.