Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! National Scrapbook Day 2014 Paulien's Home Sweet Home – tealight challenge

This topic contains 69 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Happy NSD you all!!!! Are you ready to get some gluey hands???
    For my challenge, I ask you to create a little cozy-ness, in the form of a cute tealight/partylight, home decoration. I ask you to create at least one. (they are quick and simple) but a couple, or even 3 of them will look even better.

tealighthomedeco_zps4b7f7ffa.jpg
    Here's a list of what I used to make mine:
    2 glasses (to put a tealight in)
    some scraps of paper
    a border punch, or you can use a string of lace.
    Twine – jute rope – or any other cord of your liking
    Bling from the April Main Kit
    liquid glue (I used Beacon 3 in 1)
    A tiny bit of Gesso
    2 tealights.

I did do a quick step by step on mine, so here it is:

1_zps51d6c5d8.jpg
    I started out with 2 little glasses

2_zps6c66cdc5.jpg
    Then I cut for each glass a paper strip at 2 x 7.1/4 inch

3_zps65680bed.jpg
    I used a border punch at the top, and made snips at the bottom, to adjust it better to the glasses, without getting wrinkles in the paper.

4_zpsa6c748d1.jpg
    I flipped the paper strip over and added glue to the top part.

5_zps0ac73666.jpg
    I folded around the glass, and let it dry for a few minutes.

6_zps069206f3.jpg
    I tued the glass upside down and fold back the spippets. Then I added glue to the glass (Beacon 3 in 1)

7_zps3d3fc90d.jpg
    Fold the snippets back and gently pressed them into the glue.

8_zps3ac905cc.jpg
    Then I added glue to the bottom part of the paper and took my twine to wrap it around

9_zpsdd4e1e82.jpg
    Till it was half way the glass. I glued the end of the twine.

10_zps6c4ba7a4.jpg
    I cut a strip of that awesome BLING we got in the April Main Kit

11_zpsd1107f70.jpg
    And glued it to the glass, like in the picture.

12_zpsb5c7fb61.jpg
    To finish it off, I added some Gesso, using a fan brush.

tealighthomedeco_zps4b7f7ffa.jpg
    I inserted my tealights and filled up a bottle with pearls, to go with my tea-lights and called it: Home Sweet Home!!!

I hope that I inspired you to create some of these cute tealights/partylights.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Beautiful Home decor project!!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Oh Paulien, these are soooo gorgeous!! A really fun challenge:) Iยดm in !

Snagg1
          Send PM

So sweet and lovely!

These are gorgeous, Paulien! What a fun challenge!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Very cute Paulien!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Beautiful Paulien! I'm definitely planning on doing this one!

oh! this is gorgeous! thanks Paulien for the step by step tutorial!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Love this, it really makes a lovely bit of home decor!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I have the perfect container for this! I'm soaking it to get the label off right now! ๐Ÿ™‚

I adore candles, so will have to do this one!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

So I decided to make 2…one for my mom and one for my MIL. I will make a gorgeous tag to go with each (Maggi's challenge y'all?) and wrap them in a cute little box.

They were just plain and sitting in my candle drawer…unused. I began by coloring with alcohol inks, dipped a piece of lace in mod podge and added it around, cut the swirls out of a super heavyweight Teresa Collins paper and then covered them in mod podge to make them a tad more sturdy. glued the cluseter together with E6000 (so it would be sure to stay).

[img:width=600&height=266]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399146791_572_FT238888_tealightholder1_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=439]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399146827_572_FT238888_tealightholderlt_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=402]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399146827_572_FT238888_tealightholderdk_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Those are NICE, Andie! I love the colors!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Thanks Rae.

Beautiful, Andie! I'm going to have to dig and see if I have anything that will work for this!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.