Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! National Scrapbook Day 2014 Paulien's Spinning Mini Album Challenge

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Are you having fun? I hope so!!!!

For this challenge, I ask you to create a mini album. The choice of size and shape is all yours.
    It must at least contain 3 flowers – a metal piece – lace or twine and some Pearls, these can be liquid Pearls too.

For inspiration, I created a Spinning Mini Album with a step by step tutorial.
    spinningminimo_zps82bf0558.jpg

For my Spinning Mini Album you will need:
    2x 3 inch circles – these can be wood or stacked cardboard plain carstock – any color you wish and what compliments the papers you are going to use.
    1 sheet of craft cardstock
    background stamp – I used a script one
    Permanent stamping ink
    needle and sturdy thread
    liquid glue AND hot glue
    10 notecards, or you can cut them from PP
    embellishments
    Optional: sewing machine.

So here's how I made mine:
    1_zps75b34430.jpg
    I started out with 2, 3 inch circles. Mine are wood, (from an old stroller) but you could stack a few cardboard circles as well. Punch or drill a cirle out the center. For the standard, I cut a piece of black cardstock at 5.1/2 x 9 inch. I rolled it firmly and glued the end.

2_zps9c16626f.jpg
    Then I hot glued the standard in 1 of the circles, this will be my foot. On the other circle I glued a metal ring and a wood bead.

3_zps6a3ac7e9.jpg
    This will be the base of your standard. The top can be taken off.

4_zpseea18c14.jpg
    For the mini itself: I took the Prima Stationary notecards, fold them in half and inked the edges.

5_zpsc7625d4b.jpg
    I then opened each notecard and gave them a machine stitching in the middle, on both sides of the fold line.

6_zps5b694eeb.jpg
    I used a different stich on each.

7_zpsfb8ff9ad.jpg
    Then for the binding of the mini: I cut 2 craft colored pieces of cardstock at 3.6 x 12 inch. I randomly stamped them with a background stamp using Archival ink. (any permanent ink will do)

8_zps530a1e02.jpg
    I made acordion folds, as you can see in the picture

9_zps2b2d28f9.jpg
    And glued the 2, 12 inch pieces of cardstock together.

10_zps84789317.jpg
    And cut it to size, since I want to use 10 notecards, and glued the other ends, till I had now formed a circle.

11_zps7406fa43.jpg
    I made little holes at both sides of the down fold. Top and bottom, like in the picture.

12_zps857a1c61.jpg
    Then from the inside out, Using needle and thread, I stitched through every hole. Like in the picture Bottom and top, but didn't tie it up just yet.

13_zps22a3953c.jpg
    Then I made marks, about 1/4 of an inch on each peek fold

14_zpsbb525dfc.jpg
    And I started gluing my notecards on. I opened a notecard and added glue to the inside (not at the top) and glued it to the acordion peek fold.

15_zps53d6ee07.jpg
    Then I added glue to the bottom side and the right side as well

16_zps7b640de9.jpg
    And I closed my notecard. I had now created a pocket-page.

17_zps4e42b0ec.jpg
    The next notecard was lined up, with the previous page. As you can see it already has glue on it

18_zps252f3b93.jpg
    And I pushed the next peek fold onto my notecard. Hold it for a minute and add glue to the bottom and other side of the notecard…….

19_zpsaf852009.jpg
    And closed it up! Continue doing so, till you have added all your pocket-pages.

20_zpsb9b89ee8.jpg
    Okay, forget the Perlen-Pen, just use a pencil (this will work much better) But now it is time to tie the threads. Make sure you double knot them.

21_zpsd24968de.jpg
    Slide your mini album over your standard and you are ready to embellish and load it with pictures – tags – envelopes – etc etc.

22_zps684b0ced.jpg
    This is the top vieuw undecorated.

spinningminimo_zps82bf0558.jpg
    And here's my spinning mini album.

And here are some detail pics as it is now. Still not finished, but you'll get the idea.
    topclose0m_zps608e6ac3.jpg

topclose1m_zps2b5e2945.jpg

topclose2m_zps605d383a.jpg

topclose4m_zps265b47dc.jpg

and the pages:
    z1-2m_zps351b804d.jpg

z3-4m_zpsb7b7af2f.jpg

z5-6m_zpsf4d64717.jpg

z7-8m_zps66d8c058.jpg

z9-10m_zps383b96be.jpg

z11-12m_zpsd6ca61a6.jpg

z13-14m_zps88614f29.jpg

z15-16m_zps7ff7352c.jpg
    These tags can be fold down, and has room for more joualing or pictures.

z17-18m_zpsa07a8175.jpg

and the last ones:
    z19-20m_zpsf538aabe.jpg
    As you can see I still have a lot to decorate, but that is the fun part of a mini. So many room for stories behind the pictures.

So ladies….. Show us YOUR Mini's!!!!!!!

Gorgeous mini album, Paulien! So creative! Thanks for sharing the step by step directions!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I am absolutely blown away!!! I have an old antique spool….hmmmmm….brain is tuing….

I'm definitely doing a spinning mini though Paulien. This is AMAZING girl!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Paulien, this is soooooo amazing! You are so out-of-the-box creative!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I agree with Rae! This looks like so much fun, already getting ideas for this challenge!

ok, this looks AMAZING!!!!! I really, REALLY wish I could play along! I'll be pinning this tutorial so that i can try it when my little guy gives me a break to myself!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

WOW what an ultra cool mini!! So creative, love it! Cant wait to see some more of these!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Paulien, you come up with the most unique ideas! LOVE this! The first thing that came to mind was how awesome it would be to use it to display ATC cards!

See…. you guys are over-flowing with ideas!!!!!
              Glad you like it!

Gosh this so creative, what a good idea!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Eureka! I might have found a spool that would work for this – the Prima wire thread spools! Now I'm just trying to decide if I will kick myself if I unwind all that wire and it tangles. !ill

[img:width=600&height=399]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1399150284_550_FT238916_008.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

That is a predicament!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Paulien, you come up with the most unique ideas! LOVE this! The first thing that came to mind was how awesome it would be to use it to display ATC cards!

Love that idea Linda!!!! Keep us posted on the Prima wire thing.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Wow!!How creative!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Ok so with only 5 hours left to go this will not get done for NSD. But I LOVE this album and def plan to do one soon. Maybe as a gift?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.