Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Recipes Peggy's Kris Kringle Cookies

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Reposting for Peggy

KRIS KRINGLE COOKIES

With the holidays fast approaching(!), I thought I'd share a few of the goodies that I make every year to give as gifts.

From 1953 to the early 1960's, WHAM in Rochester broadcast a cooking show starring Trudy McNall. A copy of the entire week's recipes could be obtained by sending in a stamped, self-addressed envelope. My mother collected them all.

The ice is optional; these cookies are so rich that they can be decorated with colored sugar only. My family has always preferred them iced.

Kris Kringle Cookies

1 cup butter
      2 cups sugar
      3 eggs
      2 tbsp milk
      1 tsp vanilla
      1 ½ tsp baking soda
      4 ½ – 5 cups flour (Plain Flour in Aus)
      1 ½ cream of tartar
      ¼ tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 400°.
      Sift the flour with the cream of tartar and salt. Dissolve the baking soda in the milk.
      Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, a little at a time and cream well. Add the eggs, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture and mix well, adding flour to make dough that can be rolled.
      Roll out on lightly floured board and cut as desired.
      Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 8 minutes, until the edges are lightly brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool thoroughly before icing.

Icing

3 cups confectioner’s sugar (Icing Suggar in Aus)
      1/3 cup softened butter
      1 – 2 tbsp milk
      1 tsp vanilla extract
      Food coloring as desired

Mix sugar and butter on low speed until combined. Add milk and vanilla. Beat on high speed until fluffy.

These sound wonderful. I'll have to give them a try….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.