Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Photoshop experts….

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I love photoshop so much that I would like to upgrade. What would you experts suggest would be appropriate as an upgrade from PSE 8??? Do you think a novice can use something else effectively or just stay with what you know? I've looked at Adobe.com, and I'm totally confused!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I'm still trying to lea PS8…lol!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Well the next best thing is Photoshop CS5, however, it's really expensive. If you know a student in college, they can order it for a cheaper rate.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

IS that the one Lisa has?

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Yes and that's the one I use too.

I can get a teacher rate also. I'm downloading a trial version as I type. I'm stoked about changing photos. I'm doing that instead of scrapping! There is something wrong with this picture!!??

Thanks for the valuable info that probably just cost me $$$$$! lol

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Sweet on the teacher rate!!! You're welcome and I'm sorry all at the same time lol

CS5 is DA BOMB!!!!!!! The leaing curve is VERY steep!! But you can do amazing things with it. My desk top has CS3, my husbands laptop has CS2 loaded, I go back and forth between 3, 4, and 5.. Just when you think you've got it down, a new version comes along and mixes it up..Its all good though. Only upgrades. When they brought CS3 to to the forefront, they removed the handy extract tool. I really had it mastered in CS2, So I refused to conform to CS3 for a long time. But you find others ways of doing the same thing. It is a constant challenge. I wouldn't use any other program. It is the program of the professionals. I will never know the full extent of it's capabilities, but I do lea something every time I use it. Just master the basics, and you will have fun!!

My brother is a professional Graphics Designer, so he shares his copy with me. He usually works with In Design, but purchases the upgrades to the whole Suite. And leaves Photoshop to me!! He is a MAC boy now, so CS5 is the last upgrade I will get from him, now I am on my own!!

Oh, my! Saying that CS5 if for the pro's is a true statement. It's definitely easier to load actions into CS5 than Elements. That's a plus. I'm still a babe in the woods on this one. Thank goodness there are lots of tuts out there. SamboJones has a lot and is really easy to understand on youtube.
              I'm struggling here, but enjoying the challenge!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Just be sure to bookmark all the tuts because I have had to go back to them over and over lol.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.