Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff POEMS

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Just thinking that sometimes I like to use poems in my LO and often many time have tried to find some on the web end up writing my own… Thought that maybe there would be swirly girls out there like me? Maybe not.. Maybe so.. But Heck I'll step out on a limb and post one that I have done hoping that I'm not the only one and others would share thiers as well.

This is one that I wrote for a very dear friend who suffers from a seasonal disorder called SADD.. She get this way during the winter months. One year was worse than the ones before so I wrote this for her as a incouragement that spring was well on its way and to hang on..

The Promise of Spring

Bright colors from the flowers, trees and grass are on thier way. As mother nature starts to strech from her winters sleep.

The sun will start to warm the day and take his time before he goes away.

Winter may try to keep his hold. To keep the earth gloomy and cold.

Spring will save the day and the rebirth of the planet is well on its way.

So hold on my dear friend, stay strong. For winters cold and gloom is almost gone..

Ok don't be to harsh I am a amateur at this!! 🙂

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I actually think poems in a LO is a great idea that I hadn't thought of yet!

I use to write poetry..It's a great idea!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

hell I cant even come up with a decent title lmao….hahahaha

The only time I wrote any poetry was when my true love dumped me and my heart was broken into a million pieces…..Guess he wasn't my true love after all….But…I did write some damn good love poems!!! LOL!!

Ohh Debbie you must share!! I haven't forgotten about the tute either.. If I dont get it done this weekend it will be the next!! Because after over a year I finally get a VACA!!!! Whoo hoo! And I soooo can't wait for it either!! 🙂

Oh, vacations come before tuts! But don't forget!!!

All my really good love poems are on my old computer up in the closet. I'm sure they would seem silly now….and they weren't good enought to get him back…oh, well…..He got married again, and did me a favor. Come to find out, I would have been wife number 6!!!! He didn't tell me that! God was watching out for me when I didn't have enough sense to watch out for myself.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I loved your poem Tammy. I have a little bit of trouble with SADD too and I think this is a wonderful gift you gave your friend. I used to write poetry as a teenager but it's something that has slipped away from me over the years. Thanks for reminding me how much I enjoyed it. Perhaps it's time to start writing again! I hope you will share more of yours with us.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Yeah, I also used to write poetry….. my problem is that I wrote it as an emotional release when I was unhappy….. can't seem to write 'happy'…….

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Tammy lovely poem!!

Tammy, Loved that! Beautiful imagery 🙂

That's so pretty Tammy! I'm like Shona..can't even come up with a title sometimes. Haha!

That's so pretty Tammy! I'm like Shona..can't even come up with a title sometimes. Haha!

Oh, Lil' Mimi….you do a great job! I'm so impressed with your work. You're an artist! (saying artist with a French inflection!)

Just thinking that sometimes I like to use poems in my LO and often many time have tried to find some on the web end up writing my own… Thought that maybe there would be swirly girls out there like me? Maybe not.. Maybe so.. But Heck I'll step out on a limb and post one that I have done hoping that I'm not the only one and others would share thiers as well.

This is one that I wrote for a very dear friend who suffers from a seasonal disorder called SADD.. She get this way during the winter months. One year was worse than the ones before so I wrote this for her as a incouragement that spring was well on its way and to hang on..

The Promise of Spring

Bright colors from the flowers, trees and grass are on thier way. As mother nature starts to strech from her winters sleep.

The sun will start to warm the day and take his time before he goes away.

Winter may try to keep his hold. To keep the earth gloomy and cold.

Spring will save the day and the rebirth of the planet is well on its way.

So hold on my dear friend, stay strong. For winters cold and gloom is almost gone..

Ok don't be to harsh I am a amateur at this!! 🙂

Your poem is wonderful. I want to see a LO to match this wonderful poem! I love having a poem with a LO, but I rarely do it. I'm going to start! Good idea!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.