Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Popping in to say hi

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

As posted on my blog this moing I haven't been online much because I've been madly creating but mostly because I had a very serious allergic to antibiotics that were prescribed for a tooth ache (from a molar I cracked this summer, had repaired and got infected). After being violently ill from the allergic reaction that lasted a week, I am left with taking 3 medicines to repair damage made to my stomach and esophagus and no appetite. Unfortunately, the my tooth now needs to be removed as it is not a good candidate for a root canal (only a third of my real tooth is left). I am not a happy camper about this. The silver lining? I've been meaning to lose the last 5 lbs. after having 3 kids and I've lost more than that (and still counting)… so even when life retus to normal I plan on keeping it off. I have to be extremely strict about what I eat right now, so I'm weaning my sweet tooth at the same time. Gotta have a happy ending to this horrible fiasco, right?

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Ugh- that sucks, Vicky! Allergic reactions to antibiotics are terrible. 🙁

Wow, Vicky! Sorry you have been so sick! Hoping everything works out O.K. with you tooth eventually! Not a fun way to lose weight!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Sounds like a nighmare Vicki, so sorry…Just keep your mind on slipping on a new pair of skinny jeans! Hope you feel better soon…

I'm so sorry to hear Vicky! I hope that you will feel better soon honey!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Vicky I've missed you! So sorry to hear that you've been so sick, I hope you feel better soon!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Wow Vicky that sounds awful and scary. Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery and able to create!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Vicky, I'm so sorry! Take care of yourself and get better!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Hope your feeling better, Vicky!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

so sorry to hear that Vicky! Hope you feel better soon!

Felling better now, meds are kicking in but so scared to have a tooth pulled. The good thing is I have all my wisdom teeth (never had an issue with them). My 50% cost for an implant to replace the lost molar, after insurance pays (and after a few months of healing) is a whopping $4,500. i am trying to convince my 10 year old that Dentistry would be a good career choice, LOL. He agrees!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Glad your feeling better Vicky! I know what you mean about dentists, they definitely make a whole lot of money!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I agree- dentists make bank. A dentist came to visit Owen when he was in the hospital- saw him for maybe five minutes- tried to get into his mouth to do an oral exam, determined that he would have to be sedated in order to get a good look, and charged us $500, not covered my insurance. That's about $100 a minute, for nothing. Yeah- I'd like to make that! 🙂

Snagg1
                      Send PM

What the hell Rae!! That sounds crazy. I hope everything goes well Vicky–take it one step at a time. I strongly dislike going to the dentist. Have to be in the right frame of mind to do it. I know dentists make bank but a few years ago I also heard they have a higher rate of suicide. Something to do with them inflicting pain on people day after day. Kind of makes sense.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Vicky, hoping everything goes well for you, please keep us posted!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.