Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Popping in to say HI!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

HI!

Still busy with the parents. Dad is coming along very Slowly, and mom has her issues too.

Another 911 call. Tued out to be extremely low blood pressure. Dad's BP was 71/33. No bueno! Passing out and delerium. But his Dr adjusted his meds, so we're keeping an eye on him.

Mom is getting more bizzarre by the day. And this shit is hereditary??

Still living at their house. Been a month and a half now. The place I am renting is being sold out from under me, so I am looking for a place to move to. Hope that works out, my sister and I are going to get a place together so we can be closer to them. She and I are going to be going on a 4 day work week so we don't have to leave them alone. I think we kinda have it worked out, and as soon as I can get a place and get moved, I will be going back to work. And that means that I will be able to stat scrapping again! YAY!!!

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

We miss you, Robin! Sorry your life is so complicated right now. You and your sister are amazing kids to take care of your parents like this!

Robin, I feel your pain darling. Taking care of a family in crisis is WORK!!! I know…Thank goodness your parents have you, and glad to hear you have help. That is so important that it doesn't rest on your shoulders alone. My prayers are with you. We miss you terribly!! xoxoxo

Robin…I feel your pain and worry too. My Mom was terminal and my Dad had alzheimer's….and I'm an only child! It was really difficult to make sure that they were well taken care of and still hold down a job. I was lucky to find an angel who came in to their home and brought a staff with her to take care of them 24/7. Mom passed very quickly, but Dad got to be the King for a year with the best care ever. His Angel is now my adopted sister, and we have remained close friends since then. She is my DGD's Godmother. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Debbie, that is wonderful!!So nice to hear you stayed close.

Debbie, that is wonderful!!So nice to hear you stayed close.

When I read Robin's post, I was wishing that I could send Yolanda to her so she could help take care of her parents like she did mine. She is a wonderful lady….My family will love her forever! She is taking care of a 98 year old lady right now who got married again a few years ago. Gee….there is still hope for me!!! 🙂

Oh I feel for you and dread the day it happens to me – I am an only child to take care of everything. Hold onto you sister real tight, hugs to you!

I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this. We miss you too Robin!!!!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Robin, know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!! This is a hard time, but you are such a strong person, I know you'll get through it!
          Big Hugs!!!

Oh robin, I am so sorry to hear that your life is so upside down right now. Sounds like you have a plan of attack, so that is good. I hope you can find a nice place and soon!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Hi Robin, I've missed you hanging around here…and sure do miss your inspiration and creative layouts!!! This is a tough part of all of our lives…ditto on the sentiment about you being a strong lady and having a sibling help is really awesome!!!! Your parents are lucky and I know you will be glad you helped them….Hugs to you….Hope to hear from you again soon!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Robin I was in your shoes 10 years ago . Dad 85 broken hip Mom 82 with dememtia and i am an only child also. it was hard but you do what you have to do and you will get through this. Glad you and your sister are there to help

BIG HUGS

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh Robin, and on top of this you have to move! Geez, don't you hate the Vegas housing market!!!! Well, on a serious note I do live in the same city so if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask. Even if you want to break away and get some scrapping in feel free to use my scraproom and goodies. Although I'm not sure how relaxing that would be for you because I'd probably be quizzing you about your genius abilities the entire time…LOL! But the offer does stand if you're ever interested ;)

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Miss you Robin!!! I hope things better better for your soon.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

So sorry that things are so jumbled up for you right now! It is wonderful that you and you sister are going to be able to work it out to share the care of your parents! I hope you find a new place real soon! It's the pits that you have to move on top of everything else!!! Miss you around here! I will keep you in my prayers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.