Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Prayers for my son please, and for me

This topic contains 50 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Fellow Swirly's, please if you can find a moment in the coming days to pray for my son and for me. My son is a senior and just tued 18. Last week he was sent to drug rehab – this week he told me he is dropping out of high school with 10 weeks left till graduation and moving to Atlanta to live with his father…..a fellow addict of different sorts, someone who left the boys 7 years ago and not once sent a card or called. He has only re-established communication within the last 2 years.

My heart breaks and there is nothing I can do. Well, except drive him to the airport today ( Sat) at 4pm.

So please remember me and Nick if you can. I just cannot stand the pain in my heart.

[img:width=510&height=765]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1300532592_177_FT0_pro_rose_gold_nick_at_beach_web_size.jpg[/img]

oh Jenn
    Hugs and more hugs
    you are both in my thoughts
    sometimes being a parent is the hardest job in the whole wide world.
    even more hugs

Thanks Christy.

talk about wet distressing, right? I just cannot bring myself to the scrap table and think pretty, happy scrappy thoughts. My papers will all end up wet distressed from blubbering.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Oh Jen, I am so sorry to hear about this! Something similar happened to me and my 2nd dd. After a month or so, my ex couldn't handle her and her addiction, so gave up on her and sent her home. Best thing that ever happened. She saw his true colors! Grass ain't always greener! Hang in there and don't give up!!!

Snagg1
        Send PM

((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) My heart breaks for you and Nick. Hang in and have faith that everything happens for a reason. You WILL make it through this.

Awe Jen..I wish there was something I can say to help ease the pain. You and your son Nick, are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and have faith. Many {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} to you!

Jen!!!
        All I can say is I am so sorry this is happening to you and your son. Your faith will give you strength, just as Robin said hang in there and don't give up,
        Know that you and your son are in my prayers.

{{{{{MANY HUGS}}}}}}}}}

((((( BIG HUGS))))) JEN! I'm soooo sorry you are going through this. I will be praying for you both.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

awwww Jen I am so sorry that you are going through this heartbreak…my thoughts and parayers are with you both
          {{BIG HUGGGSS}}

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

{{{{{JEN}}}}} Prayers going out for both of you…
            Try to hang in there and just be there for him… !heart

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Jen,

I am praying for you and your son. Please hold on to your faith during this difficult times. I pray that God wraps his loving arms of protection around you and your son.

Awww Jen – I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. {{{{Big Hugs}}}}

Thanks all. I really need them. I am jello right now and Nick is bouncy and happy to be leaving today. ugh! His poor younger brother!

I also apologize for not being an active participant in the challenges and in the gallery. I just cannot right now. Tooo sad to think pretty thoughts, though I see amazing stuff coming from all you, I am not really seeing them and not capable of giving you the love you deserve.

Jen, I will pray for you and Nick..So heartbreaking…Our family has been going through the very same thing thing with my niece and nephew. Both are my sisters children 22 and 26. I know the heartbreak for a mother. I thought my sister would fall apart not with 1 but 2. She is surviving.My niece started her problems at 15 years old. She is 22 now and appears to be doing well. She also had 4 months left before HS graduation when she decided to leave home. She has since graduated with her GED, is living back home and trying to find a job. It is difficult for her because she has a felony arrest record. Not good and that is causing a new host of problems. But my sister survives. Through her church and faith and support, she is getting through these tragedies in her life. She has finally let go of the guilt, believing for a long time that her children tued out the way they did because she was a bad mother. She wasn't, her children made bad choices.
              Jen, YOU are not ALONE. Please believe that we are all here to pray for you and if you need an ear, you have all of us!!. I will keep you and Nick in my prayers, and pray that an angel will watch over him. I will send him mother in law…She is my brightest angel at the moment. And has plenty experience in that department as she went through this with my brother in laws oldest daughter who was like a daughter to her when she was younger. They had been estranged for the last year because of her ways, but she came back a few months ago and made amends with my mother in law. Thank God, my mother in law went peacefully knowing that she established a loving relationship with her granddaughter before she died. I know that was on her mind this last year, and I know that she died in peace with no burden on her shoulder. That's all we wanted for her.
              Things have their way of working out. The weather may be stormy for a while, but the sun will finally overcome the dark days. I hope Nicks dark days are very few.
              {{{{{BIG hugs}}}}}}}}
              Lisa

Jen, I am so sorry to hear about this. We are all here for you.

It is sad to see the ones we love make choices that can destroy their lives. I hope that he will grow and your heart will heal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.