Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Productivity

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I was just revisiting some of my layouts and projects from last year, and started counting them up. I am sitting on about 36 in quantity, and about half that was done at scrappy camp, so sadly not a very productive year for me. I am certainly hoping for more in 2015.

So, looking back, how did you do in 2014 and since #s are arbitrary, do you consider that a productive year for yourself or not?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

In terms of numbers, I did a lot of layouts. Being on DTs will do that to you!! However, in terms of happy with what I've done, not so much. I have purchased 2014 collections of paper that I never had a chance to use and here it is 2015. I have a lot of ideas in my head that never came to fruition so hoping that 2015 will be more productive in terms of exploring my creativity and using my beloved Graphic 45 papers!!! Hate that I have uncut papers on the shelf!!!

A couple of things that have made me happy this year; retuing to Swirlydoos of course, I'm so happy to be here!!! And I've figured out how to make the video process a littler easier so hoping to be more productive in that area.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I wasn't able to start scrapping until July/August of this year, so that being said, I still ended up with quite a few for the year….maybe 15 LO's, 5-10 altered projects, and 3 canvases…..not too bad – BUT I am looking forward to this year being much more creative and crafty.

My main goal for this year is to keep my art and memory preserving separate. While I love the artsy lo's, I agree with others here that it does overwhelm the photo and story/memory.

Another goal this year would be to start/finish my Craft Room downstairs so I can quit hauling all my supplies back and forth from the dining room to the basement!!! ;D

I'm with Maggie too – I have multiple G45 collections that I haven't even touched from the last two years that are begging to be used, so I really want to work on fitting that style into my own projects.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Wow, Mellisa, that IS a lot!!!!

And Maggi, I know that you've been chuing out a ton of stuffs, maybe not as much as you wish, but that goes for most of us.

Sherri, you know that I've been sitting across from you at Camp for two years and I still cannot get over your productivity. We all have times when we're not feeling it and such and that's fine.

Okay, I went back and counted and I cannot believe – I've been far more productive than I realized: 43 layouts, several canvases, 3 minis, a few altered projects (including my entry for Maggi's COCK challenge, a bunch of tags and a bunch of cards.
            That's much more than I realized. Thanks for the question, Sherri. Now I'm grinning!!!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I can't wait to get home and count what I have done for 2014. I know it was a lot. Heck at Andie camp back in Jan, I did 10 layouts.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

So it tus out I was very productive in 2014. I'm well over 100 layouts and projects.

As far as being happy with that, I realize not all of them are going to be masterpieces. That being said, I did manage to do a 10 page album and make $250 on it. The person was very happy with it and it may lead to more.

For 2015, there are some things that I would love to complete. The biggest thing is doing video tutorials. I love doing the photo ones, but doing a video will push me out of my comfort zone. I've been practicing, just not ready to go live yet.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I made over 100 projects last year. It was my most productive year to date! I've spent, dare I say, WAY too much time at the scrap table the past year. At some point it was about quantity, and I think my quality and creativity suffered a little bit at times. I have less scrappy obligations this year, so I'm hoping I feel better about the quality of my work and enjoy the process rather than chuing out a project.

I guess it was a productive year…. 100 layouts maybe around 20 cards and some other outside the box stuff.
                  But as Rae wrote… sometimes it was quantity not quality. Being on many DT:s with deadlines to keep was a bit to much for me. I´m not pleased with that many of my layouts.

For this coming year I have only my DT spot at Swirlydoos ( which I love). My plan is to scrap less ;) quality instead of quantity.

I´ve also bought myself a bunch of canvases. I want to do more painting and mixed Media… ART not layouts.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

So curiousity prompted me to go count ….

rough count
                    83 layouts
                    20 tags
                    11 cards
                    22 other projects, i.e. minis, gift boxes, altered items etc.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Wow, and I was so proud of my output.
                      You ladies are total Savage Machines, I bow to you all!!!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Wow, and I was so proud of my output.
                        You ladies are total Savage Machines, I bow to you all!!!!

DITTO!!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Wow, those are some impressive numbers ladies. I want to get back into it this year I have such an insane amount of stuff that deserves to get used.

Just curious what do you do with all the projects when you are done. Layouts are easy and can go in an album, but I really enjoy doing altered projects. Unless I have one specifically in mind for someone I don't do them because i don't know what to do with it Once complete.

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Sherri, I have given away a bunch of my altered projects. They make wonderful gifts or just because I thought you would like this give always.

I have kept a few of my favorites, but I just don't have the room either.

Krissy
                            Krissy
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

If you say you like something you see in my house that I have made, most likely it will be yours! LOL, I give away what I can but I do have a ton of stuff just hanging around and don't know what to do with it. But its ok, I enjoy the creative process and if it ends up in the trash, I don't much care.

craftysprinkles
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

I hang the canvases on the wall, I give the minis away.
                                The altered stuff is put into storage bins because I cannot bear to toss anything out.

I've run out of shelf space; I'm afraid that my layouts are now going into Iris containers. Maybe I'll do some sorting one of these days and store most of the older ones that way.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.