Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Question for Irene

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Irene what technique did you use on your you will always be our pup layout to get those paisley stamps in white on that black background. Is it just ink? Also it looks like you have scallops on the bottom of that page. How did you do it?

What did you use to get that image in the background of your tired layout? Is it a stamp and misting? Love it!

If you don't mind sharing! Thank you! 🙂

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Lisa…do you think you can post the page here??

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Sure can!

[img:width=127&height=123]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1279532970_38_FT12240_thumb_tired28resize29.jpg[/img]

I'm not referring to the stamping around the photo here but the background design on the top and right.

[img:width=127&height=127]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1279533029_38_FT12240_thumb_you_will_always_be_our_pup28resize29.jpg[/img]

and on this one the paisley is stamped with what? and I can see scallops on the bottom. very cool look!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Hi Lisa,
        On the tired layout, the background are actually created using a stencil by Layers Of Colors. I've used distress ink with it. You could check on their site through my blog.
        On the second layout, it's actually created on an XL acrylic shape by Clear Scraps. It looks liked a big stamp. http://www.clearscraps.com/product_p/csxldaz.htm
        The paisley were stamped on using opaque staz on. You could also use white acrylic paint for this.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Here's the link to Layers of colors http://www.layersofcolor.com/store/
          They have some amazing stencils, templates and stamps. I'm actually guest designing for them.

Did you paint the clear acrylic black or mist it then stamp on with the white?
          Those stencils are really cool. I have to think to do more of that kind of work. I love the look.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

thanks for the great links Irene

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I Love Layers of Color Stamps!!!
              They have some great stuff!!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Great links, Irene!!!!
                Meg, isn't that where you got that music stamp?

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Lisa,
                  Nope. I did not mist teh acrylic. It's actually clear. I've just taken the photo with a black cardstock behind it so that the stamping would show better.

Yeap! LOC had some gorgeous stamps and their new stencils are amazing.

AHA!!! That is WICKED cool Irene! Thanks so much!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

You're welcome Lisa!

love the stencils. A small shop about 20 minutes away is listed as a retailer so of course I had to check it out today. They didn't even know about the stencils! grrr!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Great links, Irene!!!!
                      Meg, isn't that where you got that music stamp?

YUP!!! They have amazing stuff!!!!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

we could give some winks to Krissy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.