This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

For all of you Cricut & Silhouette owners, not sure if any of you have seen this or tried it but I thought I'd pass it along. I found this while cruising through Pinterest last night. To get more use out of the mats you use for these machines when they loose their stickiness. You can use Palmolive dish soap (actually any mild dish soap will do) and one of those plastic scrubbers you use on dishes and scrub them really well to get all the paper bits, lint & stuff off of the mat. Rinse well with water and then let it air dry and voila it's sticky again. If you'd like it more sticky you can use something like Krylon Easy Tack. Just make sure to tape off the edges of the mat with masking tape, then spray the rest with the Easy-Tack. You tape off the edges of the mat so that the sticky does not get onto the rollers of the machine. I washed my mats last night and it worked awesome, which will help save quite a bit of money! A little more info can be found on my blog:
      http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/2014/11/cricut-matsfor-all-us-thrifty-people.html

Yes, I did the same thing when I had my baby cricut. And it worked awesome. Thanks for sharing this Steph. I forgot all about it, when I got rid of my cricut.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Thanks, Steph!!!!
        I've been using a lint roller, but this looks a whole lot more effective!!!!
        BTW, I restick my mat with Aileen's tack it over & over.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

This works great! I used Krylon and eventually with all the washing I ended up using goof off to remove the gummy from the mat. The only thing with that was you had to be quick because the goof off actually started to dissolve the mat too! My mats ended up lasting forever and over the last 10 years of owning my cricut I think I MAYBE bought 6 mats…but that's was mostly out of sheer laziness.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I did see on Pinterest that you could use the Aileen's tack it over & over.

I was so happy to find this as we use to have 2 scrapbook stores in town, one closed just over a year ago and the other one was up for sale but nobody purchased it so it closed down too. The ended up having a garage sale of the product, tools and other goodies for the last 4 Saturdays, yesterday was the last day. So now I'll have to go all the way down Island to Nanaimo to Michael's or when I go the the mainland to purchase things like mats etc or buy online. 🙁

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Mainland! HA! That sounds so exotic Steph!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Mainland! HA! That sounds so exotic Steph!

LOL, not so exotic. I live on Vancouver Island so going to the mainland just means driving 2 hours to the ferry in Nanaimo, 2 hour ferry ride to end up in Greater Vancouver. Or in my case Richmond, which is actually where the Vancouver Airport is, lol.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.