Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Round Robin Photoshop Help

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Okay ladies, I have yet to do one thing with my trial version of photoshop. I think I need to take a class or something. I want to do the twist for the RR challenge (use photoshop), but I need help! This is the picture that I want to use, but I don't even know where to start. I am using this month's kit, so I'd like it to go nicely with the papers, of course. Please offer any suggestions.
      [img:width=600&height=370]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284216762_16_FT0_a_part_of_me_pano_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Hmmmmm……. I'm not sure what the trial version has as far as capabilities go, and I'm strictly at the pre-K stage but….
        Using the different tips and tuts, why not try a texture to soften the background and wings? Actually, just one wing on Owen's left shoulder, it almost looks like there's one there now….
        Lovely sweet photo, btw, Rae!!!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thanks, Peggy. See, I didn't even know that textures soften the background. (I'm in trouble!)
          I don't want wings though. I think they are cool on other people's layouts, but especially with that picture of Owen, taken just weeks after he had heart surgery and we almost lost him- it would seem weird to me. I know, I am weird.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

This is just a quick pass over it…. I didn't want to soften it too much….
            wanted to put focus on your faces…..

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

OOPs….try again….
              [img:width=600&height=370]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284219158_60_FT34238_1284216762_16_ft0_a_part_of_me_pano__copy_copy.jpg[/img]

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

or black and white…..
                [img:width=600&height=370]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284219359_60_FT34238_1284216762_16_ft0_a_part_of_me_pano__copy_bw.jpg[/img]

It took me forever to come up with something i liked. Sheesh. ;)

[img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284227316_38_FT34238_rae_.png[/img]

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

OMG, you guys are too sweet! I love them all! Thank you. I may not fiddle around with the pic myself at all!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Wow!!!!! That's why I'm pre-K, these are just amazing!!!!
                    Rae, even if you use one of these, why not mess around on your own, if only to begin to lea?

One more in with a strawberry action.

[img:width=470&height=372]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284233249_38_FT34238_red.jpg[/img]

The only way to lea this is to do it . To tell someone what to do with a photo in pse from a creative aspect is difficult because it's digitial art. What I visualize is probably not the same as the next person. I can tell you how to do something if you tell me what you are trying to achieve but to make suggestions is all interpretation. There are a million things I could do with this photo but what are you seeing it look like?

Film grain effect:

[img:width=398&height=300]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284233969_38_FT34238_film-grain.jpg[/img]

Pencil sketch effect:

[img:width=549&height=370]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284233990_38_FT34238_pencil-sketch.jpg[/img]

It took me forever to come up with something i liked. Sheesh. ;)

[url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284227316_38_FT34238_rae.png][img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284227316_38_FT34238_rae_.png[/img][/url]

I love this one!! Great job post processing Lisa…Wish I had time to play but I am still knee deep in cleaning and cooking!! All by myself…Gabbie and Steve went to the racetrack tonight…

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Lisa, you are on fire! They are all so wonderful! I am going to use the one that LisaG likes. I think it's amazing!
                      And I totally understand the artistic aspect of all this, it's just that I don't even know where to start. I have played around without looking at any tutorials, and it's definitely the wrong approach. I think what I have to do is spend a couple of hours looking at what you can do. I don't know the lingo yet, but I am going to try to lea. There is an lss about 40 minutes away that offers PSE classes, and I think I'm going to do that.

OK..Just a quick chocolate action…And run through Portraiture to soften…

[img:width=600&height=370]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1284243174_55_FT34238_1284216762_16_ft0_a_part_of_me_pano__copy.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Lisa, you are on fire! They are all so wonderful! I am going to use the one that LisaG likes. I think it's amazing!
                        And I totally understand the artistic aspect of all this, it's just that I don't even know where to start. I have played around without looking at any tutorials, and it's definitely the wrong approach. I think what I have to do is spend a couple of hours looking at what you can do. I don't know the lingo yet, but I am going to try to lea. There is an lss about 40 minutes away that offers PSE classes, and I think I'm going to do that.

Rae, I felt like that, totally overwhelmed, until Meg gave me some hands-on lessons. That's probably what you need, someone to talk you through a few simple steps and to answer questions before you're able to do too much with it. I'm still a novice, because I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but I'm a lot more comfortable with it now.

***Lisa, love that effect!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.