Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Scammed…..

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I think my daughter has been scammed by the College that she is attending. She was supposed to receive $4800 in grants and a loan in March we just found out today. She got $2300 June 1. She was scheduled to receive another disbursement today, but no one at the school has any info why it didn't come in. Holly did some inteet research to Sallie Mae, and they have that the school received the total $4800 and was supposed to give it to her back in March. Then, we looked online, and they are closing Lubbock and Abilene campuses for fraud! She is almost done with her education! I am so upset and ready to do battle with someone tomorrow. I've already contacted our lawyer….
    Anyone gone through this and can offer suggestions of what to do next??? Sallie Mae told me to call them back if no solution was found….

Snagg1
      Send PM

Oh No Hope its all a mistake and she gets the rest of her grant.

Wow, Debbie! I sure hope things get straightened out!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Debbie how terrible for you and your daughter. I hope it is just a mistake but if it isn't then give them HELL !!

Oh my Debbie… that is terrible! I hope things work out.

WOW! I have never heard of or been through anything like that, I would def get a lawyer.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I sure hope you can get it straightened out!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Debbie, is this a public collage? Or private?
            Are her credits going to be recognized?
            Meantime, of course, consult a lawyer and it does sound like the people at Sallie Mae are trying to be helpful..

Best of luck to your daughter. It's such a shame that this is happening to her!!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Sorry to hear this. Give em hell Debbie. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

that's awful. 🙁 Hopefully it will all get worked out without getting a lawyer so that's not more money you are out of!

Good Lord!!!! I would be soooo flippin infuriated to put it mildly!! All our kids want is a decent education.
                No fooling around, no hidden costs, no red tape, no hassle, and it seems is that is all we get. Gabbies education had to come out of our pockets and loans. She is on her own, pays her own bills, rent and according to the govement, we are responsible for her costs until she is 24. We make to much. What gets me is, once she has to start paying on her student loans, she probably wont be able to live on her own….We are already anticipating this.
                Debbie, I hope you and your daughter will have this resolved quickly without difficulty. Federal money is nothing to fool around with. Especially fraud. Where did that money that she was suppose to get go??? Someones pockets I'm sure. Shame on the scammers who rape our system. I hope they hang them by the balls.
                Don't get me started. I feel for every hard working victim out there. It's just not fair, and scamming people suck.

Oh that makes me soooo mad….

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

OMG!! That's scary! I hope it all pulls together for you!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Well….the phone has been hot this afteoon. Consulted with our personal lawyer and he gave me another number to call. Called the Department of Education and Sallie Mae once more. Called the school and talked to the twit financial officer who is a little girl with a big mouth. There is something fishy, but I don't understand enough to be useful.
                  ARUGH!!! Her financial aid that was supposed to be here on Monday isn't coming until Sept. 10….maybe!!!
                  I'm not done yet….financially, I'm toast, but I'm not giving up the battle!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

You go girl..give them hell and don't give up without one hell of a fight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.