Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Scanner

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I need to buy a scanner since my all in one dell died about 6 weeks ago and tried to kill my computer. I would like one that also does negatives/slides pluse pictures/douments. Anyone have suggestions? Or, should I get a flatbed (brand?) & a seperate for slide/negative?
      Thanks.

Snagg1
        Send PM

I have an all in one wireless Kodak, so I don't have any suggestions for you. Sorry.

I'm sorry I can't help. I have a wireless canon all-in-one

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I have a flatbed HP 4050 and I am very pleased with the quality of its scans. It does have a slide scan as well but I have never gotten around to using it. Funny, that was one of my major conces when shopping for it. It is also a large – will scan up to 14 in length.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Sorry, Joy, I have a Epson all-in-one, just basic scanning here.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Thank you so much. I'll check out the HP since I lov my HP wide format printer.

You have a wide format printer!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky girl!!!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Yes, & I love it. I got it for my birthday 2 years ago.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I have one too and right now it seems to be on the fritz. :O Hate that! I need to take what I can apart and see if something is jammed or what. It keeps telling me I'm out of paper and I'm not. Bummer, cause I would hate to have to replace it and dh will look at me like I have two heads if I replace it since I also have a great Photosmart All-in-one. And truthfully I don't use it that much, but still, I have it when I want it!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Joy, when I was doing the research to buy my scanner (and that was several year ago) most things I read said that slide scanning wasn't all that great. I think if you want to really get quality slide prints, you may need to go to a separate slide reader for that. I don't know…but I wasn't interested in spending tons of money so I just got a good quality photo scanner. Now I am curious, I've got to try the slide scanner!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Well, right now is a GREAT time to buy a scanner…. with all the Christmas sales…..

And I think I'm suffering from large printer envy…… hehehheheheee……

I am suffering from large printer envy too! but, I have no idea which one to buy!!!

I have an Epson all in one and a Epson large format printer. They are awesome! I've had HP in the past and let me tell you Epson is so much better!

<<<<<<< has wide format printer envy also. I just don't know where i'd would put it

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

<<<<<<< has wide format printer envy also. I just don't where i would put it

That is a problem, I have 2 printers, a scanner and 3 computers in my office. Talk about taking up valuable what could be scrappy space!! I can't wait to completely quit working and get rid of some of this office crap!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.