Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Scraplifting Designers? Is it allowed?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

So I am never sure of scraplifting etiquette. I only know one rule…always give credit to who you lift.
    ..after that I'm lost.

I love the Anatomy of a Layout thread..what a genius idea!!!.

There are other layouts that were created by the Swirlydoos Designers I would love to try and recreate with my kits. Do we need to ask permission from the designers or is it ok as long as we give the credit to the designer we lifted?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

barabara, I think as long as you give credit where it is due then you are OK

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Ditto what Kathi said. Our designers put their stuff out there for inspiration. I think they would be flattered to know some loves their work enough to want to re-create it. Again, just give the credit where it is due.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

so true! Just put where you got the inspiration from in your description, and you're good! 🙂

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I total agree with what the girls said 🙂

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I also agree with what's been said…..remember, the imitation is the greatest form of flattery….as long as you give credit to the original!!!!!

I also agree with what's been said…..remember, the imitation is the greatest form of flattery….as long as you give credit to the original!!!!!

My sentiments EXACTLY… that IS the purpose of a DT. Some people get their panties in a bunch over it though.

Anyone can lift me anytime!! It is good etiquette to give props to the original designer, just don't take the credit for a lifted design as if it were your idea.. I have seen cat fights over this!! I believe most designers agree that as long as you stick to those couple of simple rules, they will be flattered and happy that you provided such inspiration to warrant a lift!! I know I do!!

I totally agree!!

I'm so so excited. I have 5 layouts that are completely unfinished because I can't get any of them to look right. I can't seem to create a single layout anymore. I get disgusted, start a new one and wind up getting disgusted again! :o(……Scrapping has always been my outlet for the day to day stresses but lately I've dreaded coming in my scrap room because I wind up so disappointed with myself. I'm hoping if I just copy someone and get back into the grove….that maybe…just maybe!! my brain will start back working and scrapping will become what it used to be.
              That being said…I sure haven't lost the urges to buy scrap things! ha ha ha! On that..I have no problems :o)

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I can speak for myself…….I create to help inspire others!!!! Feel free to scraplift anything I've created. Just follow the cardinal rule…..Give Credit Where Credit Is Due!!!

Also……feel free to watch some of the videos the Education Team has created……some GREAT inspiration there!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/SwirlydoosKits/videos

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I could not agree more with these girls! It is our job to inspire, and if we aren't doing that, well Yeesh – we aren't the best for our positions then! Yep, just give credit for the idea and most designers that I know would be completely flattered.

I agree with what everyone has said.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I agree too!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.