Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Secret Santa 12 days of Christmas Swap

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Hi! I am looking to see if forum members would be interested in a Secret Santa Swap. Tiffany had posted about a Valentines swap that was being run on FB last january. I thought it would be fun to run one here with Swirly forum members. We would pick a name and send our Santa 12 little gifts that they would open one a day for 12 days. a 9X12 envelope can be mailed to reduce postage. Inteationals welcome. We would start opening gifts on Dec 1st until the 12th. Before the Holiday begins. If it will seem too crazy we could also postpone until valentines day or do another one if it goes well. Each player would provide a list to santa of wants and desires and things they have enough of to help the Santa decide what to send. If I have interest I will post in swap thread for sign ups but please let me know here if we have interest.

oh I like this idea!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Secret Santa. + 12 Days of Christmas. = Happy Mail.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I love Happy mail but I'll have to say no for this year.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Oh yes!!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Connie, could you let us know exactly what we'd be expecting to send out day by day?
              Thanks.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Sure Peggy. We could either make it Random and have items from our stash like 6 flowers, bottle of stickler, yard of lace, DA Chippy, Something off our Secret Santa's list. Homemade items like flowers, embellishments, As easy as we can make it. Emphermera and found items. 12 items made by you or from your stash. We would open 1 a day. Does that help? Open to suggestions too.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I've been mulling this over for a few days. (I love the idea, but want to be sure I can commit to it properly.) This is probably a stupid question, but can all 12 items be mailed all at once in the same envelope?

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Linda, that's what I was wondering.

Sorry, Connie, it looks like a lot of us need Santa lessons 🙂

Snagg1
                      Send PM

lol. yep all can be mailed at once and we just have to be able to control ourselves and open 1 per day. We could post on the thread each day.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Oh good! I can handle that! Count me in Connie.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Been thinking about this, sounds fun….

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Connie, me too!!!!!!
                            And thanks so much for doing this!!!!

Krissy
                            Krissy
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

This is just a thought… This could be done with the card swap if everyone agrees to this and that way it would be just like Christmas when you receive a card with a small gift with it. what you think?????? Like I said it was just a thought….

I did it last year at another site and I drew someone inteationally it cost me 15.00 to ship! lol..I was shocked! That meant after the 10 dollar limit, which I went over because ..well you just do..and then the shipping I ended spending 30.00..that is rough when you are trying to buy Christmas and food for Christmas dinner.
                              I like the card idea a lot better, that way shipping cost won't eat us alive :o) I could afford a card :o)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.