This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Did anyone else beside Christy finish the Acrylic Tech kit from last month? I just worked on mine today and was interested in seeing what everyone else has done.

This was my first time working with acrylic bigger than a fragment. I didn't dye the ribbon and decided not to put too much on the front because I knew that it would become a dust collector and hard to keep clean. I used alcohol inks on the acrylic before I glued on the paper.

[img:width=600&height=1144]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1285537486_13_FT0_acrylic_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1285537486_13_FT0_acrylic_top_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=472]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1285537486_13_FT0_acrylic_medium_1_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1285537486_13_FT0_acrylic_bottom_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Ooooo, Lisa! That looks fab! Love the alcohol inks!
        I used some on mine too! I have been working on it here and there. I needed some extra TH things for my idea.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

OMG Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I'm speechless..it's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
            Send PM

Thanks girls 🙂

How sad is it when I'm making something to hang on my wall and I scale it back because I start thinking of how difficult it will be to clean LOL

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

They look great!!! TFS

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

That looks great Lisa!

really gorgeous Lisa. wow. Are you hanging them somewhere special? I'm with you on the dust and cleaning. I have no clutter or collectable stuff (nic naks) in my house for that reason.

Wow, Lisa…Gorgeous!! I want to work on mine..where oh where do I find the time!!!

Beautiful job, Lisa!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Lisa, what did you use to glue down the film strip?

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Wow, Lisa…Gorgeous!! I want to work on mine..where oh where do I find the time!!!

If there were only a few more hours in a day!! I didn't do any pages this weekend, but I got 3 projects done !amazed I made a witch's hat from the Mon Amour kit, I made a Halloween Box with G45's Halloween in Wonderland and I worked on the acrylic. phew!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Lisa, what did you use to glue down the film strip?

I have a liquid glue by 3M. It is similar to zip dry, but smells better, and personally I think it works better. It took about 5 minutes before it finally stuck down because it kept wanting to curl.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

really gorgeous Lisa. wow. Are you hanging them somewhere special? I'm with you on the dust and cleaning. I have no clutter or collectable stuff (nic naks) in my house for that reason.

No, no where special. I have them hanging in a room I just painted. They look really nice.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Lisa, that is fantastic!!!!!
                        (Love your witchy hat, too BTW!!!!)

I love the use of AIs on it. whole other color dimension.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.