Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges September 2017 All That Flutters Challenge – The Great Outdoors

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Happy (almost) Fall! I’m sure that you all have some photos that were taken outdoors over the Summer and now’s your chance to start scrapping them; as the title of this month’s challenge says, it’s all about The Great Outdoors.

Here’s how this Challenge works: Create a project (scrapbook layout, canvas, card, tag, OTP project, it’s up to you) that includes something that “flutters” – butterflies, dragonflies, bees, ladybugs, birds, fairies – we all have these among our embellies, dies and punches, right? And take a look at your pattern paper – do you have a sheet or two that includes a flutterby image? You can use any of your scrappy supplies (one exception: nothing from other kit clubs, please), but you get extra points in the random drawing for using Swirly Stuff.

And now for something different: You don’t need to use your Swirlydoos Kit to play along. However, the inclusion of Swirly Stuff from past kits or from the Boutique (must be at least 50%) will give you a an extra point; ingredients from the July “Sprocket” kit will give you one more. Each month, I’ll be adding a couple of twists – one for the theme and one for the technique. So every entry can count for up to five points when it’s time to pick the random winner.

The Theme: The Great Outdoors. Let’s see some of the wonderful photos you’ve been taking over the past few months. They don’t have to be exotic; some of the best days are spent in our back yards.

The Technique: Brads! Krissy included a package of those wonderful Prima Trinkets in the July Kit and we all have tons of them squirreled away. They make great embellies and fillers; let’s start using up that stash!!!!

You can share your finished entry here on this thread and in the “September ATF” folder in the Swirlydoos Gallery on Facebook. If you don’t have a Facebook account, no worries; uploading your entry here will still count.

Please note in the description or title that it’s for the “September” ATF Challenge.
      You can enter as many layouts and projects as you wish; in order to “earn” those extra points, please point out the qualifiers (name/month of kit, technique, etc.) in your description.

The Challenge will be open through Thursday, September 30. I’ll be announcing a random winner of a small RAK on October 1.

I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I’m claiming that the butterflies that are part of the pattern of the New York Headlines sheet count as the flutterbies if only because the design of this paper makes such a wonderful setting for my granddaughter’s pride in her catch.

StephD
        StephD
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

This should be a fun challenge and I love your sample Peggy!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Thanks, Steph! This was a picture just begging to be scrapped, lol!

Merrihew
            Merrihew
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Thanks for the challenge, Peggy! I love your LO! What a sweet smile! I am really going to try and get something done for this!

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Cheryl, I hope so; I miss seeing your LOs here in Swirlyland!

anniescraps
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Love this LO! and such an adorable photo 🙂

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Annie, thank you! I hope you can play along this month!

droopidog
                    droopidog
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Great theme this month Peggy. Hoping I get this done. With me traveling, it’s going to be a short month for scrapping.

Kim
                      My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
                      http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Peggy
                      Peggy
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Kim, I sure hope you can!!!

StephD
                        StephD
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Well I’m not sure if I can enter in this challenge with this layout but figured I’d try anyways. The photo was taken in the great outdoors and the wedding pretty much took over the whole summer. The butterfly is one I printed out and covered in glossy accents and added some wire antennas.
                          null

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by StephD StephD.
                          • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by StephD StephD.

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

null
                            So pretty!!! I love your cutout roses and (of course!) your beautiful handmade flutterby!!!

Peggy
                            Peggy
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Who else has been working with Flutterbies? Last day is Saturday!!!

Mamadonald
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

My entry for the ATF challenge. I used the Vintage Love kit from September 2014. I used 6 brads going down the left side. The photo is a outdoor pic but I made it bigger and crop it making just a head shot. I have 3 butterflies, which I painted and glitter.

Attachments:
                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                Peggy
                                Peggy
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Love the colors, love the corner, most of all I love your stunning layers of details!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.