Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges SGC Bits and Pieces of Christmas

This topic contains 55 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    lindapekrul
    lindapekrul
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hi my swirly friends! I thought since there’s no SGC this month, we could just share little things about our Christmas festivities here. If you don’t celebrate Christmas, or don’t really enjoy it like Cindy, just share what you do during the holidays.

I hauled out this little Christmas set my dad made for me years ago. (I find the older I get, the more nostalgic I get.) Dad makes us little wooden ornaments every Christmas, but on this particular Christmas he went all out and did a whole set. My dad thinks of everything, and he even made a box to store these little guys in, because they are very fragile with their twig antlers. Dad is 82 and each year the little ornaments he makes for us get more and more precious.

photo Santa and Reindeer_zpspq5wwuys.jpg

photo Santa_zpspigafkfj.jpg

photo Storage Box_zps2rrcwi2h.jpg

lindapekrul
      lindapekrul
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Forgot to show you Rudolph! πŸ™‚

photo rudolph_zps0vp5u6dc.jpg

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Linda what a great idea. I’ll be posting about one of my favorite traditions next week. Maybe I’ll share some decorating pictures, since we are starting to do that as well.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
          http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

pala
          pala
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Oh Wow Linda, what a treasure. Love what he wrote on the box!!! His carving of Santa is really awesome!!!

How fun, can’t wait to see everyone’s decorating! You know I will be here every chance I get!!!

talkis
            talkis
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

this is an extraordinary example that makes me appreciate Christmas very good idea to challenge.

RAE
              RAE
              Swirly Moderator
                Send PM

Awesome, Linda!

Kathi
                Kathi
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Linda how precious!

take time to smell the roses

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Linda, your dad is amazing!!!!
                    And I love your idea. I’m not decorated for Christmas yet, my son’s work schedule was changed and we’ll have to get it done sometime this week.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Bec
                    Bec
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

What an amazing Christmas decoration Linda

I’m not the biggest Christmas person, I put up the tree and that is about it. But this year I made myself some decorations.
                      This Reindeer family is up on my blog today, so I thought I’d share it here to.

null

Details – http://becgenet.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/my-reindeer-family.html

Merrihew
                      Merrihew
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Linda, how awesome to have such special handmade decorations! Something to treasure forever!

Bec, I love you reindeer family!

Kathi
                        Kathi
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Bec, those reindeer are adorable!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Kathi Kathi.

take time to smell the roses

Merrihew
                          Merrihew
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

This is an awesome challenge for such a busy Christmas season, Linda. We won’t be having our family Christmas until the New Year’s weekend, so I may post a few pics from last year. One family tradition that we have come to love is playing “Christmas Bingo”! I found this game in the cheap $1 stocking stuffers and the kids love it. We don’t dump our cards after getting a winner, we just keep playing until everyone has won a prize! It goes fairly fast and the kids are always happy with their prizes. So much fun! Sorry, it’s not the best photo, but I was laughing so hard when I took it!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Merrihew Merrihew.
                            • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Merrihew Merrihew.
                            lindapekrul
                            lindapekrul
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Oh my gosh Bec… LOVE those reindeer! That’s something you could put out and keep up all winter! So pretty!!

Cheryl… you’re a genius! I love this idea. I’m hosting Christmas dinner this year and just found out my DIL’s family will be joining us… what a great ice breaker! It will work well for all the really young children that will be playing as well. I’m definitely going to be giving this a try… off to the dollar store for prizes!!!

pala
                              pala
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Love those Reindeer Bec! Linda is right they could be displayed all winter…the colors are so peaceful…headed over to your Blog!!!!

Cheryl great idea to play Bingo till everyone wins. My Son and DGD would love it…me too…I love to play games…Gonna do it! How Fun!

Merrihew
                                Merrihew
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

We use red and green M&M’s for the markers and the kids know they get to eat them when we are done. A little added fun.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.