Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges SGC – Christmas in July…Winner is Jackie!!!

This topic contains 67 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hi Girls, I've really missed you ladies! I will be your hostess for the Swirly Girl Challenge for this month. I thought it would be fun to do a take on the whole Christmas in July theme, and of course nothing would be complete without my dreamboat, Timmy!

So first of all, let's keep this simple. The challenge is open to anyone (including all Desgin Team Members, even Krissy) who has ever purchased a Swirlydoos Kit. So yes, if you're no longer an active member but can use at least 50% Swirly stuff you qualify 🙂

Secondly, let's be honest. You girls are Savages! Clearly you will be more inspired by the RAK than by my layout, lol! So here's what's up for grabs. This Timmy inspired prize will be sent to the owner of the layout that my mom likes the best…seriously! I thought this would be a fun way to level out the playing field. My mom knits, sews and oil paints, but doesn't have a clue about scrapbooking. She's not going to know who's a DT member, who participates in the forums the most, or even anything about techniques. She's literally just going to choose the project that she likes the best from an artistic point of view.

[img:width=600&height=536]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340985865_531_FT0_img_1519_.jpg[/img]

Finally, the challenge itself. All you have to do is use either inspiration or a technique from one of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, or 2011). Then, let us know which tag and which year you gained your inspiration from.

For example, on my lo I gained inspiration from 2011 Day 4 tag to use my movers and shapers that I never seem to use. I used my Family movers and shapers die at the bottom.

http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-christmastag-4/

I also gained inspiration from 2010 Day 9 to use rosettes.

http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-christmasday-9/

Here's the actual layout that I did with a picture of my sister and her family.

[img:width=600&height=593]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340986410_531_FT0_img_1520_.jpg[/img]

I hope you guys like challenge and I definitely hope you participate!! You can enter as many layouts as you want and don't forget to put them in the gallery. You have until Midnight July 31st to submit your entries. I can hardly wait to see what you do with this challenge ;)

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Great challenge, Amber! We've missed you around here!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Amber!!!!!! Oh, my, have I been missing you!!!!!!
          This is such a wonderful challenge; Timmy techniques AND a Timmy RAK!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

Hi, Amber! We've missed you around here! This sounds like a fun challenge! You know how we all love our Timmy stuff! I sure hope I have more scrapping time in July than I had in June!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Sounds like a fun challenge and an awesome RAK!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Hey, Amber *waving frantically* good to see you! You've been missed – to quote Rae, it's been day-um slow around here! Lovely example and can't wait to play along. And a Timmy RAK – I believe I already called dibs, didn' I? 🙂

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Hey Amber, where you been girl. Missed you. Love the challenge.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Yes Amber where in the world have you been…we've missed you..

Great challenge….don't be such a stranger

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Awesome challenge Amber!! Great to see you 🙂

This is one hell of a great challenge Amber!!! Anything Timmy does is inspiring. Taking inspiration from one tag is awesome!! Thanks for a great challenge!!

Lil Miss Organization..where have you been we've missed you around here!??
                    What a great challenge!

I love this challenge!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Aaahhhh, thanks Ladies! I am so glad you like the challenge and I've missed you guys tons. I'm definitely going to have to peak in here more often 🙂

Oh, my sweet DIL….you know that I've missed you!!!! Got to do some investigating into Timmy's tags….I haven't kept up!
                      I've so got to get back to scrapping….I've been such a bad girl about doing what I love!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Great idea! Maybe I can finally use u all the chridtmas paper I HAD to have last year..it sits there and mocks me…lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.