This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

015-1.jpg

I have been getting a lot of emails from my blog of people asking for this tutorial. Here is the easy, peasy, lemon squeezie Shabby Wild Sunflower tutorial

ShabbySunflowerSupplies-1.jpg

Supplies
      Spellbinders Sunflower Set 2
      Die cutting machine (I used my Cuttlebug)
      Thin paint brush or stylus
      Glue
      2-sided paper (the contrasting colors is the key to this flower)

SS3-1.jpg

Step One

***For the big flower: Cut 3 of the large flower and two small flowers – cut 1 1/4 inch circle
      ***For the small flower: Cut 3 of the small flower

SS1-1.jpg

Step Two

Place glue on the circle and then glue it to the bottom of one of the large flowers. **Tip: Choose which side of the paper you want for your flower center and stack your petals accordingly.

SS2-1.jpg

SS5-1.jpg

Step 3

Glue the other remaining flowers on top. You should have 2 more large flowers and 2 small flowers. Glue them so that the petals off-set.

Once the glue dries, start curling the petals beginning with the the smaller flowers on top. There is no real rhyme or reason to this. The object is to break down the paper fiber so that the paper bends more easily.

I like to bend the petals so that the center flowers curl in. This is really important for the very top flower. The remaining petals get bent and curled in all directions. This is shabby wild sunflower, the petals aren't supposed to be perfectly curled and lay just so.

SS4-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the smaller flower. I curl the very top flower inward and then begin folding and curling the bottom petals in the opposite direction. Again, this just primes the paper so that it is easier to bend. The petals don't have to stay looking like this if you don't want them to.

SS6-1.jpg

Final Step

Take the very top flower and begin folding down the petals. Fold them one at a time and then press and hold them down so that the paper mostly remains laying down. This will expose the contrasting color for your flower center. Fluff and do your final petal curling. I don't glue down the center of the flower because I want it to look like it is opening up.

SS7-1.jpg

I hope this is easy to follow. If you have any questions let me know.

ohhh these are so beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful tutorial Lisa!!!!!!!

Beautiful flower Lisa. Thank you for sharing.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Thanks flowers are beautiful.

Gorgeous!!

Beautiful, Lisa! Thanks for sharing!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Awesome Lisa! TFS

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Love this Lisa. da it, had this die in my hand and put it back and got a different one.

Love this flower…can't wait to try it, but don't think I have this die! Will have to get creative!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I have the die!!!! I have the die!!!!
              Lisa, this is a mooooost do; thanks so much for the awesome tute, that flower is gorgeous!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Yay! Now I'm definitely excited I bought that die…

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Lisa do you think I could use the Timmy tattered floral die to make the large flower? Only until I get this die of course.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Go for it! I bet it will look lovely! It will end up being bigger than these ones, but just as pretty. 🙂

Dont you love it!! I do!!!! Beautiful Lisa!!

Oh gorgeous flower!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.