Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Sherri Baldy Blenders Mermaid Sands

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by lindapekrul lindapekrul 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lindapekrul
    lindapekrul
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I pulled out some stuff from last year’s April kit, Passion Rose, to use on my layout and there is a bottle of stuff called Blenders Mermaid Sands. I can’t seem to find anything on it by searching google. What do you use it for?

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Linda, I remember (and have) the mists, but for the life of me, I cannot remember the Blenders. Is it more like ink or paint?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

lindapekrul
        lindapekrul
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

It was in the Embellishment add-on and it’s very liquid, as if it were a mist, but it’s in a bottle that squeezes out and it’s kind of a golden colour. On the label it says shade, shimmer, distress, mix and match with shimmers. When you squeeze it out, it has kind of an oily feel to it as if you should be mixing it into something else. I’m just kind of curious about it. I guess I should just squeeze it out and mix some pigments into it and see what happens. LOL. It didn’t really do anything by itself on a piece of paper.

photo blender_zpsne7msmrk.jpg

RAE
          RAE
          Swirly Moderator
            Send PM

Linda, you are supposed to rub it on your paper to get a shimmery effect. I think it was a little low on the shimmer, and I really didn’t think it added too much to a page when I used it. I would try to play around with it adding some stuff like mica to see what else you can do with it.

lindapekrul
            lindapekrul
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Thanks Rae. I wasn’t impressed with it on the paper either… but it is pretty in the bottle. I’ll just play around with it like you suggested.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.