Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Shimmerz and Blingz paint

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I have a few of these that (gasp!) dried out. Does anyone know of a way to revitalize them or are they gone for good? They are pretty dry but I can break it up. Didn't know if I could add water or something to make them paints again.

Thanks! ;D

Snagg1
      Send PM

Where is Irene when you need her? Oh, that's right….off on a teaching, globe-trotting tour!

I would try to add a little bit of water at a time to them. What do you have to lose?

I'm not a fan of Shimmerz.Same problem here..Love my Lindy's and Glimmer mist!!

I'll try the water Lisa – I just thought I'd ask first to see if it happened to someone else first and what they did.

LisaG – yeah I love glimmer mist but I've had these forever and thought I'd bring them out again only to find them dried up. Need to check out the Lindy's!

Thanks girls! ;D

I have found that water doesn't cut it, once they dry, I toss 'em.

Never been a fan of those.

Check out Lindy's embossing powders, I think they are one of the best….they melt like butter and are so shimmery, pretty.

Just in case anyone is curious – this is the reply I got from them. Decided to email and see what they had to say:

Hi!

Just add some distilled water to the jars (if you're conceed about acid content). Let them sit a bit. . . mix well. . . and they'll be good as new. If you're not conceed about acid content. . . just add some tap water.

Hope you have a great day!

Stacey

I haven't done it yet but I'll let you know if it works when I do. Thanks again everyone for your tips! ;D

Mine all dry out and I add water. They are fine after that.

Check out Lindy's embossing powders, I think they are one of the best….they melt like butter and are so shimmery, pretty.

Oh Yea..Like Butta!!! I love my embossing powders and MoonMist and Starburst Spray!! Love them all!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I haven't tried the embossing powders, they sound like I should?

Snagg1
          Send PM

Lindy's magical embossing powders are very cool. I use them as my primary embossing powder. They have the same type of iridescent look that the sprays do. Only problem is that it doesn't really come through in photos if you are taking the picture from straight on. But, they are beautiful. Oh, and they look even better when you blend them. Just sayin' ;)

Hmmm, mine always look weird after I add water..I will try distilled maybe that is an issue…our tap water is really bad.

Maybe we need a Lindy's special order….MAYBE.

Lindy's magical embossing powders are very cool. I use them as my primary embossing powder. They have the same type of iridescent look that the sprays do. Only problem is that it doesn't really come through in photos if you are taking the picture from straight on. But, they are beautiful. Oh, and they look even better when you blend them. Just sayin' ;)

Yeah, they meld beautifully together when you blend them…just like butter. My only problem with them is that the container size is too small, and I run out of them faster than the other lesser quality brands. 🙁

Here's a pic of some Lindy copper embossing powder I used on a DA shell. It's more shimmery in person, but you can still see some glimmer in the pic. Just thought those of you who haven't used this product might be interested in it if you saw a picture.
          [img:width=303&height=199]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1319074939_439_FT123814_sd_lindy_embossing_powder_example.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
            Send PM

mmmmmmm, buttah! I agree, the jars are small. I love the Queen Sheba Silver too!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.