Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Silhouette Cameo

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

My hubby says I can get a Silhouette Cameo for Xmas…. YAY!!
      My Q is, do I need to get additional software? For example… I think somewhere in the forums lisa? (I think) has posted pics of vine leaves, like attached, am I able to use the software that comes with the machine to cut it from paper or card stock?
      [img:width=380&height=380]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1387230174_2770_FT0_1287003827_55_ft838_ist2_5287011-element-for-design_copy_white_copy.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Oh, Cherene, you're gonna love it!!!!!!!

You won't be using any extra software, but there is a bit of a leaing curve. (Or there is if you're a Senior Blond, like me!)

Here's a link to their blog, scroll around and you'll find all sorts of good tutorials. http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/

Are you on Facebook? This is a very helpful group https://www.facebook.com/groups/allthingsSILHOUETTE/

Hope this helps and meantime, enjoy!!!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks Peggy, I'll check out those links. Can't wait till I get it ;D

Make sure you get the Designer Edition of the software with the machine:)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

My Cameo has already arrived. ;D

Anyone got some tips on finding great cutting files?

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Also, can I pick a piece of printed paper from my stash and get the silhouette to fussy cut an image?

Also, can I pick a piece of printed paper from my stash and get the silhouette to fussy cut an image?

You could try scanning the image and and converting it to a print and cut file. Not sure if you could line it up right again or not though. There are some pretty good tutorials on creating files…

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Cherene, I haven't tried that yet, although it's on my to-do list.
                My suggestion is to go to the blog and look around.
                Or, have you joined up with that FB group? Someone there will have the answer, I'm sure.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.