Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Sister Wives?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Anyone see this show? I read about it in People magazine and today there is a marathon on TLC so I watched a couple episodes. I guess he is now being investigated for Biligamy? What's there to investigate lol, DUH!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I watched one episode. It was like Big Love without all the drama. I guess they had to cancel the show? I know, what's to investigate? All the evidence of polygamy has been on national television. They should just fine him and be done with it.

Snagg1
          Send PM

I've watched most of the episodes. I watched the first one and felt a little yucky about the whole thing, but I couldn't stop watching. I read on the inteet somewhere that some of the wives are on welfare because they are considered 'single moms' by the state. I have no idea if that's true or not, just what I heard. Crazy!!!

I don't understand what they are investigating either, Mandy…it's a little late to be investigating when it's all over TV! 🙂

I haven't seen the show although I wanted to. They were all on Oprah a week ago!!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I haven't seen the show although I wanted to. They were all on Oprah a week ago!!!!

I would have liked to see that.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

This is just CRAZY!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Never heard of it

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

It's really bizarre. To me it's like this guy is totally getting his cake and eating it too and these women are letting him.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I wish I would have seen all of the episodes. I only saw the premiere, and it was very interesting.
                    It really looked like they had their hands full, and it didn't seem very fair to bring in a 4th wife!

I haven't watched because the real thing is just 30 miles down the road from here. The Eldorado commune is alive and well. As far as welfare goes….all the women and children of the FLDS are ALL on welfare. They get aide to dependent children, food stamps and medicade. It's a racket that is costing us tax payers a fortune. The men drive only the best and newest vehicles and they have come into town and are undercutting the prices on construction of the men who have businesses here. My daughter works at a hospital, and all the women & children are brought into the clinic by the husband and get free medical care from the State. It infuriates me! They are sending Warren Jeffs here to be on trial. They have convicted 3 men already and have sent them to prison.
                    The peculiar thing is they have a crematory and a private cemetery on the grounds. They don't use a funeral home or record deaths. It's just all too weird and spooky for me!
                    My BP is up and boiling as I type! What a scam in the name of religion!

I say live and let live, but don't be all shady on my dime. I really don't understand the legalities of it all, but to me, IF they are all adults, they should be able to marry whoever they want and however many wives they want. But, I ain't watching it on TV! EW. :p Keep that door shut please.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I say live and let live, but don't be all shady on my dime. I really don't understand the legalities of it all, but to me, IF they are all adults, they should be able to marry whoever they want and however many wives they want. But, I ain't watching it on TV! EW. :p Keep that door shut please.

LOL! I feel the same way- they are adults, and appear to have a happy life, children included. They are mode polygamists- not the compound kind marrying children that I used to see when I was growing up. There are two really big polygamist communities close to the Utah/Nevada/Arizona, and I have seen a few families during various outings, and they look and act nothing like the family on TV. I think there is a difference. The lifestyle isn't for me, of course, but it's not the most dysfunctional household on TV, that's for sure. Maybe they decided to go on TV to show that not all polygamists are the incestuous child molesters that they appear to be. Who knows.

IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

LOL yes it is Kathi 🙂

I've heard some disgusting stories come out of those communes.

As for me….I'm way to jealous to share my man….if I had one….with any other woman. It's just not normal to me!!! I don't want to crawl into bed with a man who has just crawled out of bed with some other woman….especially one that I think of as my SISTER! (anyone heard the word incest???? just too weird for me….but I'm old and set in my ways!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.