This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I love my Smooch inks but I have had difficulty storing them because they topple easily and they're tall. I recently discovered that 8 of them fit perfectly in a 7Gypsies ATC tin. I took the lid off mine and put it on the bottom of the tin since they are too tall. I dipped the end of the lids into the bottles so that I could see the colors at a glance. Works perfectly! Krissy has the plain white ATC tins in the store right now which look great and they can also be altered. 😀

[img:width=479&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1304454369_336_FT0_img_2311.jpg[/img]

Great idea!!!!

Wonderful idea Jennifer!

Very cool idea! Especially your idea to dip the tips in the ink so you know what color it is.

very cool idea!

Your pictorial is so pretty too. Tell me… what do you use your Smooch for? This is a relatively new product for me, and although I love the pearlescent colors and the bottles they come in, I'm not too sure what to use them on. I've tried them painting over some eyelets that were the wrong color, and recently used it highlighting some DA, but would like to know how else I should be using them. Ty.

Very cool idea! Especially your idea to dip the tips in the ink so you know what color it is.

ditto! i'm going to do that right now!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Thanks Joyce! I was a little intimidated by them at first but have started using them more since watching Krissy's tuts for the chipboard tech kit. They work great for tiny things, for coloring pearls, for running along the edge of a chippy or wood-cut piece as a subtle accent, etc. They have such a fine tip too that you can do intricate things (like my handpainted dusty attic teacup, lol.) Check out what Shona did with the distressed butterfly in the contest thread. She used smooch on it and it looks gorgeous! I actually copied her idea on a pair of wings that I made. They are waiting for a layout. I've found that you can also smoosh the colors next to each other and then lightly dab with your finger while they're still wet and they will blend. They also work well for coloring in stamps. Oooh I think I'll try them on my La Blanche butterfly! Resin embellies, brads, buttons, the sky's the limit. It can take a couple of coats but they will give good coverage. I just wish they had non-shimmery colors for the variety. HTH!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Cool idea! TFS!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Great idea Jennifer! I use a really tall glass for all of mine LOL! Nothing nearly as pretty or inventive.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Great idea, Jennifer!!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

that is a great idea 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Wonderful idea!!!!

Thanks a WHOLE bunch Jen. I did try coloring pearls with them, but the color didn't stay on the pearl. Did you rough up the pearls with sandpaper first?

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I like glimmer glam for pearls the best. It's awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.