Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements SNR Staffer Call and Contributing Writers

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Heads up ladies!!! For the first time ever, Scrapbook News and Review is going to have a SNR Staffer Call. It's similar to a design team call, but better. This is completely new for us as we've always gone to painstaking lengths to hand select and invite our staffers to the magazine, but we're ready to shake things up a bit. Of course, true to SNR values, we'll still follow our same exacting standards and criteria in our search for quality paper crafters; it's just the method that will be a little different.

If becoming a part of the SNR staff is something you would be interested in being considered for, start gathering (or working on) your favorite layouts, cards and projects. We'll post full details on our site soon.

I will pass on the details soon.

***Also, at the moment, we're looking for a variety of articles, ranging from project and/or technique based to personal narrative and other creative ideas. As the writer, it will be up to you to impress us with your article ideas. Article proposals should be written in the style you plan on writing your article.

All writers, no matter style or skill level, are encouraged to apply. We will not judge your submissions based on grammar, but rather on the quality and creativity of your ideas. Just do your utmost best to explain your ideas.

Please note that all proposed article ideas are solely the intellectual property of the writer and will not be used by Scrapbook News and Review Magazine, or given to a SNR writer to use at their discretion.

Please do not submit completed articles as we will not accept them. If your article proposal is accepted, we will contact you with detailed instructions on how to proceed. It's important to add that articles must meet all requirements in order to be published and must be a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 1500 words. Verbiage for step-by-step instructions are not included in that total.

We also request that you not call, mail any of your ideas or send artwork to the SNR office. However, you're more than welcome to e-mail any questions you may have to [email protected] e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and one of our editors will reply as soon as possible.

Last, if you have any questions please feel free to ask me or Mandy as we are both currently staff members for SNR and will do our best to help.

Hi Lisa~ I just went to visit the site…because you swirly girls all talk about it sooo much! Is this the same mag that Lisa is going to be featured the week of the 27th..of is this a different one. So many things I don't know what to do..lol.
      I did go to their page…and I am stuck on the selecting a subscription…which one do I want? Please shine a swirly light in my head…so I can find my way. Looks like they have some cool stuff. Hugs in advance!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Hi Heather, No, it's not the same mag. I would say to try the 3 month sub in case you aren't sure you will like it.

I can tell you that there is a TON of stuff in each monthly release. Lots of eye candy, product reviews, articles and we are going to be rolling out an enhanced tutorial and stamping section.

At the very least you should check out the forum. I don't think you need to be a subscriber to read it. There is a lot of very helpful people over there, a lot like Swirlyville. Let me know what you think!

They have a one annual sub…with a one year gift…sub….? for $35 dollars…which seems good…I just wondering if that included everything. Hello…I have been guilty of paying for monthly Curves memberships…and not even going…and I quit that..LOL. I just want to know if the 35 dollar one plus the gift thing…if that is the one I would want. Thanks Lisa.

I think it is the Holiday Sampler number one. Should I get that…35dollars…or the annual sub which is 39. I want to think they are one and the same…but not sure. So let me know.

I just checked out the site and joined – hadn't seen it before. I hear you guys talk about it but always forget to go check it out. I too would like to know which subscription is the best one. The Holiday samplers are kind of confusing. I'm excited to go look around. Thanks for the info!

I just checked out the site and joined – hadn't seen it before. I hear you guys talk about it but always forget to go check it out. I too would like to know which subscription is the best one. The Holiday samplers are kind of confusing. I'm excited to go look around. Thanks for the info!

Diana~ That is what I thought too…does that mean you give someone a sub as a gift? Who knows!

[quote]

Diana~ That is what I thought too…does that mean you give someone a sub as a gift? Who knows!
        [/quote]

If that's the case – we could subscribe together and split the price ;D

Snagg1
          Send PM

To be honest, I don't know what the gift is. It does say gift subscription, so that would be my guess as well.

When I subscribed, I did the 3 month sub, within a week I submitted pages for consideration, hoping that they would publish them. I got the email that they were going to publish them and then a few weeks later they contacted me and asked me if I wanted a staff position…..so, long story short, I haven't had to pay for another subscription.

You could always send an email and ask, or go through the subbing process and see what it says.

Thanks Lisa! I will have to check it out soon! So far trying to read the message board – lots of fun stuff!

[quote]
          [quote]

[/quote]

LOL Diana~ You were reading my mind
          If that's the case – we could subscribe together and split the price ;D
          [/quote]

I was lucky enough to win a 1 yr sub to this awesome e-zine, and have gotten 2 more months free for having layouts published! YAY!

I was lucky enough to win a 1 yr sub to this awesome e-zine, and have gotten 2 more months free for having layouts published! YAY!

Wow! Awesome. I just signed up yesterday. So much to read and so little time! ;D I will soak it all in eventually ;)

Snagg1
            Send PM

Diana I saw you over at SNR chatting it up on the Boards! Good to see you 🙂

Okay…I don't think I get it. The forum seems really cool. When I click on Gallery…there is only 6 pages. I like reading the forums…but where do you see pictures of what people have created…or do you only see the few featured ones? Just forgive me for being not to bright..but I just don't get it. SOMEONE HELP ME!

Maybe it is because my Sub doesn't start till Jan? So i cant see the DEc. would that make sense?

Okay…I don't think I get it. The forum seems really cool. When I click on Gallery…there is only 6 pages. I like reading the forums…but where do you see pictures of what people have created…or do you only see the few featured ones? Just forgive me for being not to bright..but I just don't get it. SOMEONE HELP ME!

Maybe it is because my Sub doesn't start till Jan? So i cant see the DEc. would that make sense?

I don't think many people have posted – I don't think it's you. As for the mag, I'm not getting it. I click on the magazine link and I can look at different things but I was thinking it was a complete magazine – not links to things. But then maybe like you said the sub doesn't start until Jan. Since we signed up together I don't see mine starting before yours. I'm just clicking on everything and trying to lea my way around ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.